Can't seem to modify css

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Can't seem to modify css

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Robert Hickling
    Participant

Hi there,
    Per Geoff’s instructions, starting new thread here.

I’m having difficulty with the issue of modifying my css. I’ve tried the Simple Custom CSS plugin, as well, to no avail.

I have:
    /wp-content/themes/dt-the7-child/tribe-events/pro/tribe-events-pro.css
    /wp-content/themes/dt-the7-child/tribe-events/tribe-events.css

Neither seems to be updating the following:

.tribe-mini-calendar-event .list-date .list-dayname {
    font-size: 14px;
    }

Thanks!
    Robert

George
    Participant

Hey Robert,

Thanks for reaching out.

I went to the URL you provided – http://173.254.111.227 – but unfortunately it does not seem like The Events Calendar is active there.

1. Can you share a link to where the custom CSS is failing to load? I will take a look and view the source code of the page to try and learn what specific thing is failing.

2. Also, can you include your system information for the URL you link to? Here’s how to do that → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thanks!
    George

Robert Hickling
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Thanks for this information! I checked out your site; it seems that Events Calendar Pro is activated, but The Events Calendar itself does not appear activated. Can you head to the “Plugins” listing page in your wp-admin and confirm that The Events Calendar is activated?

Thanks for your patience here 🙂

Robert Hickling
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Hey Robert, no need for a screenshot indeed, I believe you! 😀

I’m curious, have you been continuing to work on your site and change things over the duration of this thread? I ask because before writing this current reply, I was scanning your site’s source code and DID see the tribe-events.css files, or at least one of them, loaded in the <head> of your site.

However, here now when I view your site’s source, the file is no longer there. Weird.

To be completely candid, there could be a very specific and hard-to-locate bug or code conflict causing the failure of those scripts’ loading. It could also be something simple! But I just don’t know at this point.

With that in mind, then, I would like to clarify that there isn’t much of a benefit to using these custom Tribe-Events CSS files for your custom CSS. The thing is, these files will be lost if you update your theme anyways, so that after each theme update you would have to find a backup of this custom CSS and re-add it to your theme.

You would have to do the same thing if you just put the CSS at the bottom of your theme’s own “style.css” file, where you seem to already be putting some Events-related CSS.

So, I am not saying that we have to stop investigating this issue.

All I’m saying is that for the purposes of your project and deadlines and such, what I would personally recommend is to use the child theme’s style.css file for now.

In the meantime, I will continue a more thorough investigation of the loading of these files – for example, to test if they load differently when used in a child theme instead of a parent theme.

Just some thoughts, Robert – let me know what you think! I’d love for you to be able to continue development and such on your site without waiting on this issue; I will test thoroughly to look for bugs here in the meantime.

For the record, I have not found a bug yet.

Thank you!
    George

Robert Hickling
    Participant

Hi George,
    I’ve tried adding css to the style.css in the child theme folder and it still doesn’t work. Have you figured out what’s going on?
    Thanks,
    Robert

Robert Hickling
    Participant

Actually, George, I’ve ended up using this plugin instead of the Events Calendar Pro version for the handling of shortcodes and event lists, and the css styling via my theme seems to be working fine: https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar-shortcode/

George
    Participant

Thanks for the update, Robert, I’m glad some progress has been made here. I admit that I don’t know why the CSS was not showing up before – I’m sorry about the lack of resolution on that specific issue!

Is there anything else I can try to help with? If not I can close this thread for now – just wanted to check.

Thank you,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't seem to modify css’ is closed to new replies.