Can’t Move Ticket Types.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Can’t Move Ticket Types.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Belinda
    Participant

Hi,

This is not a pre-sales question, but I was unable to select any other forum type and kept getting an error when I tried to submit this question with a blank forum type.

I’m creating multiple ticket types on the Edit Event page and when I create a new ticket type, the new ticket goes to the top of the list of ticket types when I want it to go to the bottom of the list. When I click “Move,” a blank white window comes up with an “X” in the upper right corner. I’m assuming that window is supposed to have options on where to move the ticket in the list, but it doesn’t. What can I do?

The URL for the site is kindspaevents.com.

Thanks
    Belinda

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Belinda,

Thanks for reaching out!

The “Move” button actually lets you move the ticket to another event. It looks like the issue you are describing has been logged as a bug related to the global stock setting. Try disabling the setting (see screenshot), saving the event, and clicking “move” again. This should give you the option to move the ticket where you are currently getting the blank screen. Sorry for the inconvenience there! I don’t have a timeline on when this is going to be fixed, but I am going to change the status of this thread to “pending fix”. We’ll keep you informed on progress!

As far as moving the ticket within the list (reordering tickets), this can be done by following the guide here. It does involve a bit of a customization, but if you need any help following the instructions, we are here for you!

I’m sorry I don’t have a better answer for you, but I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Belinda
    Participant

Hi,

I looked at your “Changing the order of tickets” instructions and it didn’t help me. I don’t want to order the tickets by price or alphabetically. I have a certain order that is based on the tickets’ relationship to each other.
    Right now, when I enter a new ticket, it goes in on top of all of the other tickets in the first position. So if I’m understanding this correctly, I need to enter my last ticket first, my second to last ticket second, and so on.
    If I have new ticket that needs to go somewhere in the list that is not at the first position, I will have to re-enter all of the tickets to get that ticket in the right position. There is no drag-and-drop or other method to move an individual ticket where I need it to go. Is that correct?

Thanks
    Belinda

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Belinda.
    Koen
    Participant

Hello Jennifer,

I have the same issue. On one page I created 4 tickets. The last ticket I created should go to the bottom (but now stands on the top). So I would like to change the order of how the tickets appear on the bottom of the page.
    Please provide any help or method to change the ticket-order on the page.
    Kind regards, Koen

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Belinda,

Thanks for following up. By default, the tickets are sorted by the date they were published, with the newest ones on top. There’s currently no “drag and drop” functionality to reorder tickets on the event page, but you can change the “published on” date by hovering over the ticket, clicking “Edit in WooCommerce”, and then changing it there (see this post for a screenshot). So to move it down in the list, set the date back.

Koen, this should work for you as well.

Not the most elegant solution, I know, but I think it should work for you! If the drag and drop reordering functionality is something you would like to see implemented in a future release, please take a minute to let us know in our Feature Ideas forum.

Thanks!

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Belinda!

Just wanted to share with you that we have shipped a new feature release for Event Tickets, Event Tickets Plus and Community Tickets, where we have implemented the functionality requested in this thread.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/release-event-tickets-4-6-event-tickets-plus-4-6-events-calendar-4-6-4-community-tickets-4-5/

We strongly recommend you make a backup of your site before updating. Additionally, we recommend performing your tests on a dev or staging site to avoid potential breakages on your live site.

We hope you enjoy the new features available. Don’t hesitate to open a new topic if anything comes up.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Can’t Move Ticket Types.’ is closed to new replies.