Can't get passed Preview. Selected events don't import.

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Can't get passed Preview. Selected events don't import.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    valleydancetheatre
    Participant

After selecting the events from public Google Calendar iCal link I’d like to import, designating the event category, and clicking “Import checked,” I receive the message “Import complete! No events were imported or updated.” And that’s true. No events are importing.

Just purchased this add-on today and am very frustrated that my events won’t import!

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue on your site.

Can you provide me with the URL that you are trying to import, so that I can do some testing on my end?

Also, can you enable and check the Event Log under Events < Help to see if you see anything unusual?

Right under that is your Event Aggregator Status. Can you take a screenshot of what you see there?

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

valleydancetheatre
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for providing me with that information.

I imported the events from the URL that you provided without issue, so there seems to be something going on with your setup.

When you preview the URL before import, do you see the events appear there at that time?

You may also want to look at your Import Date Range Limit under Events Settings < Imports to see if changing that setting increases the range of events that are included in your import.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

valleydancetheatre
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Kimberly,

Okay I see, thanks for providing me with that information.

As a next step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

• A conflict with another plugin
    • A conflict with your WordPress theme
    • A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

• Make a backup of your database
    • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

valleydancetheatre
    Participant

Hi, Jaime!

Thanks so much for your help. I was able to isolate the problem plugin as Divi Builder. Luckily, I found a published plugin extension on your site that makes the aggregator compatible with Divi.

All is working as expected now!

Thanks so much,
    Kimberly

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Kimberly,

I’m glad you managed to solve this issue!

I’m going to close this thread but feel free to start a new one if you have further concerns 🙂

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't get passed Preview. Selected events don't import.’ is closed to new replies.