Can’t get authorization from Eventbrite API

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Can’t get authorization from Eventbrite API

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Jon
    Participant

We are also experiencing this problem:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/cant-get-authorization-from-eventbrite-api/

We’ve been using the plugin for a long time and suddenly the WP admin shows the message “the Eventbrite token is not valid”.

The only thing that seems to have changed is that we recently changed our Eventbrite admin login password.

I have verified the Eventbrite API credentials are set properly, and also created a new one but when clicking the “Get Authorization” button, then clicking “Approve” on the eventbrite auth page, continue to receive the error “Unable to get authorization from the Eventbrite API: Unable to authorize.”

Jon
    Participant

This reply is private.

This reply is private.

I just asked Jon to try clearing cache but that didn’t help. He’s still getting the error.

George
    Participant

Hey Jon,

We were unfortunately not able to recreate authorization issues, so are taking a closer look here.

Based on your site’s “System Information”, we can confirm that you are right in saying you’ve set up the authorization correctly; all of the necessary auth variables are in place.

With that in mind, there might be a problem with the connection from your server to Eventbrite on a more base level this.

While we investigate this further, one thing you report is:

The only thing that seems to have changed is that we recently changed our Eventbrite admin login password.

Does anything improve if you generate a brand new “App” in your Eventbrite admin, and then use all-new API keys for this new app to try and authorize from within your wp-admin?

Let us know!

Thanks,
    George

Jon
    Participant

Hi – as noted, I did already try creating a new app/API and unfortunately that didn’t change anything. I was wondering the same thing about whether there might be some general communications issue between our server and Eventbrite’s– is there any debugging available to get more details on that connection?

Jon
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Jon.

This reply is private.

Jon
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jon
    Participant

I was able to set aside some more time to dig into this some more this evening.

* I tried a brand new fresh empty WP install on a separate server which worked fine.

* I copied the site to a dev install on the same server, disabled all other plugins and tried and it still failed.

* I added a ton of debugging and was able to manually complete the auth process on the server, plug the auth token in by hand to the WP config in the DB and it worked.

* Further digging and comparing with the fresh install server finally nailed down the issue to the fact that CURL support wasn’t enabled in PHP on the slimspresents.com server, so it was using fsockopen for it’s remote queries. Apparently this worked back when the Eventbrite integration was first built, but since then something about that broke. I installed CURL support and all is working properly now. It’s a bit of a mystery why the fsockopen support returned an auth error from the evenbrite server but I’m just happy it’s fixed. :}

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Can’t get authorization from Eventbrite API’ is closed to new replies.