Can't edit Events after upgrade

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Can't edit Events after upgrade

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Matthew W Kanner
    Participant

I am using The Events Calendar, Events Calendar Pro, and Community Events. I upgraded all 3 yesterday. Now I can no longer Edit Events. This link is missing from the admin menu and even if I try to access it by typing in the URL (/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events), it then tells me that I need a higher level of permission.

I have deactivated every plugin except The Events Calendar and I have switched to the Twenty Seventeen theme, yet I am still seeing this problem. (I have done this on a staging site, so it’s OK).

Other info: The site is hosted on WP Engine. Also, I have active licenses for my live site, but I have made the plugin deactivations and theme switch on my staging site which is only used for testing. I would be happy to pass that info on to you so you can investigate further.

Thank you very much for your help.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’d be happy to help you 🙂

You said that you upgraded your Events Calendar plugins yesterday, but did you also upgrade some other plugins? Did you upgrade those plugins both on your live site and staging site?

Could you try to downgrade your versions of The Events Calendar, PRO and Community Events, to see if that changes anything?

Waiting for your reply,

Have a nice day,
    Jeremy

Matthew W Kanner
    Participant

Yes, I did upgrade my other plugins at the same time. When I rollback the event plugins, it does fix the issue.

What do I do now about moving ahead in the future? Is this something which can be identified and fixed in a future upgrade?

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your reply. There might have been a bug while you performed the upgrades on the different plugins. If you upgrade again your Events Calendar plugins (one by one), there shouldn’t be a problem with your edit Events page.

In case you still encounter a problem after upgrading your Events Calendar plugins, then I would recommend you to do some testing for conflicts. You may use a tool like Plugin Detective and/or Health Check to help you troubleshoot your issue.

Please let me know how it goes,

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Matthew W Kanner
    Participant

OK, I re-activated the plugins one by one and that worked like a charm.

Problem solved. Thank you!

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Matthew,

I’m glad you managed to solve this issue!

I’m going to close this thread then, but feel free to start a new one if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't edit Events after upgrade’ is closed to new replies.