Can't active Events Calendar Pro

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Can't active Events Calendar Pro

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    Participant

I installed the free Events Calendar with no issue. I bought the Pro extension and downloaded the file. When I go to activate the plugin, I get the following error:
    The plugin does not have a valid header.
    How do I fix this so that I can activate the Pro features?

The valid header error typically means that you do not have the file in the right place or unzipped correctly. Which upload method did you use?

Rob made a nice help video on the install. Can you try it again following the directions in this video: https://theeventscalendar.com/downloading-installing-activating-the-events-calendar-2-0-pro-2-0/

He also made one on setting up 2.0 for updates: https://theeventscalendar.com/updating-the-plugin/

Mary
    Participant

I also can’t activate the Pro extension and followed the instructions in the video.

After using the upload feature in the WP plugin area of dashboard, I saw this:

Installing Plugin from uploaded file: events-calendar-pro1.zip
    Unpacking the package…

Installing the plugin…

Plugin installed successfully.

Activate Plugin | Return to Plugins page

I clicked “Activate Plugin” and got “The plugin does not have a valid header.” I then returned to the plugin page and the Pro Extension does not appear on the list.

I have tried uploading twice, just in case.

Thanks Mary & Kevin – which version of WordPress are you each running?

Mary
    Participant

I’m using Version 3.2.1. Here is a list of the plugins I have installed, in case it turns out to be a conflict there. http://www.maryrobinettekowal.com/journal/my-plugins/

I suspect I may be having larger issues because I’m also getting other error messages from The Event Calendar itself. I’ll start a separate thread for that to keep this one clean.

nelly
    Participant

mm i have the same problem- any solutions yet?

Birgit
    Participant

Hi everyone.

I just installed The Event Calender and Event Calender Pro via FTP. TEC was no problem but when I copied the folder »events-calender-pro« into the plugin directory it didn’t show up after refreshing the Plugin page in the WordPress Admin area. Then I had a closer look at the folder and noticed that it actually contained two direcories. One is named »the-events-plugin« and the other again »events-calender-pro«, same spelling as the parent folder. And I learned this is the actual TEC plugin. The content of the other folder seems to be identical with the free TEC, so as there are some difficulties with the Version 2 not showing up in the official WordPress Plugin repository I assume the Tribe-guys have bundled it with the pro-Version to make sure customer have both versions when purchasing ECP.

So I just copied the inner directory via FTP into the plugin direcory and had no problem activating it. My suggestion: unzip the ZIP downloaded from Tribe and then either uploading the inner nested »event-calender-pro« via FTP or zip that folder again and update via the plugin panel in WordPress.

If you open the »event-calender-pro« you will notice in contains 7 folders and 2 files, including a php-file with the name and description of the plugin in the header – which is needed to be recognised as a valid plug by WordPress – and that file needs to be in the root directory of the plugin folder.

Hope this was helpful.

Kevin
    Participant

I’m on 3.2.1 like Mary. I followed the video instructions exactly, which gave the error. I’m not updating.

Ahh – that is what is happening. Thanks Birgit.

The open source repo was not updating this morning and therefor for a few hours we had packaged both together. As soon as wordpress.org updated we went back to just offer pro in the download.

If you unzip the download and grab just the pro version that should work fine.

nelly
    Participant

i have downloaded a new copy with just the pro and tried to install it and when i do that – it now says the plugin is already installed? so i cant install it.. any ideas?

Mary
    Participant

Thanks, Birgit, that worked for me.

ngaire: I used ftp to delete the original folder and reuploaded it. It worked fine after that.

Larry

I also get “The plugin does not have a valid header.” when I try to activate Events Calendar Pro. However, I don’t have the knowledge to do what Birgit and Mary apparently did. In simple English, please tell me what I can and/or should do.

No problem Larry.

a few approaches:

Lets try this first.

1. Log into this site
    2. Under account central, visit downloads
    3. Download the pro plugin again
    4. try the install with the new download following Rob’s video walkthrough (https://theeventscalendar.com/downloading-installing-activating-the-events-calendar-2-0-pro-2-0/)

If that doesn’t work, then:

1: Unzip the PRO download you got earlier today
    2. Open that folder and you should see two folder in it, of which only one is the PRO plugin
    3. Zip that folder
    4. Follow the direction in the video above.

as a third option:

WordPress codex has a nice walkthrough on manual installs (what Mary and Birgit did) http://codex.wordpress.org/Managing_Plugins#Manual_Plugin_Installation

nelly
    Participant

how do you delete the original folder without doing ftp?

Rob
    Participant

Hi I ahave just bought the pro plugin installed it OK but on trying to activate the license it says Sorry, key validation server is not available. – I am guessinng that this is something you guys need to fix? can you tell me if I need to do something.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't active Events Calendar Pro’ is closed to new replies.