Cannot

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Singer
    Participant

Hello

I have a message on my Dashboard:

Your Event Aggregator Facebook token has expired about 2 weeks ago.
    Renew your Event Aggregator Facebook token

When I try to do this, it takes me to a page with a Connect to Facebook button. When I click this, a page comes up:

Connect Facebook to Event Aggregator

But this page hangs indefinitely, greyed out, without the ability to complete this process.

Is this the correct way to renew the token? Can you explain why I should have to renew it? And can you suggest some workaround or fix so that this Connect process can work?

Thank you.

Cliff

Hi, Andrew.

Sorry you’re experiencing this.

You might see if you can spot any console errors when trying to do this (especially when seeing something spinning indefinitely). If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.

I’d also suggest enabling WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and sharing any debug messages you see while changing options, trying to reconnect Facebook, changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Please let me know what you find out.

Cliff

Ah, I also see you’re using outdated versions of our plugins.

Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Thanks.

Andrew Singer
    Participant

Hi Cliff and thanks. I will try as you suggest in your first posting above. As for updating our versions of The Events Calendar, unfortunately we can’t do that, because we did and it produced great problems. Specifically, when we updated to 4.4.0.1 the following problems occurred in the Community Add Event interface, and we had to revert to recover the working version of the software. I’ll just run through it for your reference – when we had updated to the current version:
    Firstly,((A)) under Event Date & Time, the Recurring Event section had several problems: ((1)) There was a grey arrowhead next to the entry which can be toggled up and down but didn’t seem to do anything. ((2)) Selecting anything other than No in the Recurring Event drop-down menu showed a text prompt with the words “and will” on one line, and “end” on the next. ((3)) Exclusions has another grey triangle arrowhead next to it which does nothing. Please remove.

((B)) Venue Details ((1)) no longer had the prompt or functionality to Use Saved Venue (similar to the Use Saved Organizer prompt and function below it). ((2)) Also, note problems below to the Organizer details. ((3)) If I selected a country, such as United States, the box to enter a State or Province disappeared. There was no ability to enter a State at all this way. Please fix.

((C)) The Use Saved Organizer facility was totally screwy. ((1)) Instead of a drop-down menu of organizers, when you clicked Select or Create an Organizer, the saved organizers now appeared as a text list at the very bottom-left of the page. Users had to know to scroll down there, had to know those are organizers, and had to know each one is a clickable line of text. And there was no way to create a new organizer that I could see. And there were two white prompt boxes below the Select or Create an Organizer which couldn’t be typed in and had no function. It was all screwy. ((2)) There were then follow-on strangenesses in attempting to enter an Organizer after attempting to select a saved one – clicking further made the browser window jump around on the page, etc. Once it started jumping around, it was impossible to fill in any further boxes / info on the page, such as Excerpt and Cost.

In sum, it was impossible to add events using the newest version – when we reverted our site pre-January 13th, all these problems went away. So for now, we shouldn’t update to the newest version, unfortunately. As I say, I’ll try your other suggestions and get right back to you, thanks.

And/or by the way, we’d had this problem once before, of the Facebook login screen hanging – and that time if I recall rightly you were simply able to do something that secured our Facebook login confirmation, such that the Import function worked again with Facebook. If that’s possible now that will also be welcome – thanks as suitable.

Andrew Singer
    Participant

Hi Cliff

We’ve just identified the problem here. Pop-ups were blocked on the Facebook login page. I’ve been able to renew this Aggregator token now.

Thanks

Andrew

Cliff

Hi, Andrew.

Thanks for your effort here, and I’m glad you’ve got this sorted out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot’ is closed to new replies.