Cannot Select create a venue or organizer

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Cannot Select create a venue or organizer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Diane
    Participant

Latest 4.4.0
    Cannot create a venue.
    Click on select or create a venue. Nothing happens
    same thing happens with organizer

As if select list is not populating

I am testing this on my staging system

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Diane,

Thanks for getting in touch and I’m sorry about this issue with the venues and organizers.

As a first I would like to ask you to check 2-3 things:

• Does this happen in a different browser as well?
    • Open the web development tools in your browser (usually F12), go to the console tab, reload the page and check if you get any error messages in the console tab
    • Please run a test for conflicting plugins / theme based on this guide.

Let me know what you get out from those.

Thanks,

Andras

Diane
    Participant

This is happening in all browsers.
    Error: Uncaught TypeError: Handlebars.compile is not a function

This new design is confusing for users. Is it possible to use the old version?

Matthias
    Participant

i have a lot of problems to get the “community add” site style running..
    i tried to use different themes..
    only tweaks in edit-event.php let me control the title and content headers..

but it seems you have the same problems on your demo site.. see attached..

when will there be an solution?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Diane,

Thanks for checking that console error. Did you manage to do a conflict test as well? That could bring us closer to the issue.

I also see that you have customized that community add event page. It would be worth removing the customization to have the original / default page and check if the issue exists there.

Regarding the design thank you for your feedback and honesty. If you could give me more details on what exactly you find confusing and possibly how it could be improved to be less confusing, that would help us understand how people use and see our products, so we can develop better products in the future. Thanks!

If you would like to use the old design, then you will need to downgrade the plugins, that means all of the calendar ones as mismatching version numbers don’t always fully cooperate.

Looking forward to your test results and feedback!

@Matthias, thanks for chiming in and drawing our attention to that glitch. I will let our development team know so we can do some adjustments.

Meanwhile you can try this little css snippet if it helps:

.tribe-events-community-details span, .tribe-events-community-details label {
    height: 20px;
    vertical-align: middle;
    }

Also @Matthias, if the CSS snippet doesn’t help and you would like your issue to be handled, I kindly ask you to open a new thread and reference this one. This would help us keep the forums clean and the support easier for everybody. Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot Select create a venue or organizer’ is closed to new replies.