Cannot import events from eventbrite

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Cannot import events from eventbrite

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Rich
    Participant

Hey All, I am not able to import events using the method you describe on the import admin page. Also, the URL structure is no longer eventbrite.com/event/{event-id} so maybe that has something to do with it. The url now looks like this:

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/applied-leadership-series-625-tama-kieves-registration-16491091298

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for closing that other thread, but I did not hear from you and other people started posting and I did not want any response to get lost.

Anyway I just tried to import this event using just the ID:

And got it to work. If you try importing that ID does it work for you?

Let me know and we can go from there.

Thanks

Rich
    Participant

Hey Brian – that last post was my fault. I didn’t realize I was logged in as the client until after you closed it. Sorry about that. I’ll give this a shot tomorrow morning and let you know. Thank’s for the help -Rich

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok let me know how it works out.

Thanks

Rich
    Participant

Hey Brian – I gave this a shot and it did not work. I received this message:
    We were unable to import your Eventbrite event. Please verify the event id and try again.

would you like me to create an account for you to test?

Brian
    Keymaster

would you like me to create an account for you to test?

I appreciate the offer!

However, our current policy is not to accept logins or to log in to customer servers/WordPress installations.

Have you imported that event before?

Also, can you try importing either of these events:

Let me know if either of those work. If they do work you do not need to keep them on your site, you can delete right away.

Thanks

Rich
    Participant

Bummer, neither of those worked. I took a quick look on the forum and this seems to be a problem for a few other as well. Glad it’s not isolated to me.

Brian
    Keymaster

Yep there appears to be an issue, but none of us are able to reproduce the issue so we are having trouble narrowing it down to resolve, but we are working on it.

Rich
    Participant

Well I am on WPEngine. If we are trying to write to the db, it’s possible that WPEngine is disallowing the request. Might be worth asking the others where they are hosting…not sure.

Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks for the information. Not everyone who is having the issue is on WP Engine, but that could be the source of your issue.

We are still are still trying to find the issue, but so far have been unable to replicate it.

To help could you share your system information as a private reply? You can find this at the bottom of the Events → Settings → Help screen 🙂

Rich
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

I wanted to let you know we are working on resolving this, but I do not have an update today on progress.

We have a release almost ready to go and hope to get it out tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay in resolving this.

Rich
    Participant

no problem at all. these things happen. -Rich

Brian
    Keymaster

We just launched Eventbrite 3.9.5. Let me know if that helps with the Import issue.

Thanks

Rich
    Participant

Hey Brian – I attempted to update the plugin, but it is still not importing. -Rich

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot import events from eventbrite’ is closed to new replies.