Cannot create new venue/organizer, text tab not working on front end

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Cannot create new venue/organizer, text tab not working on front end

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sphere
    Participant

Hi, we can’t seem to be able to create new venues or organizers from the community front end submission form.

When I click on ‘Select or Create a Venue’ I can enter the name of the new venue and hit enter. The dropdown field for the venue would then contain the value ‘Create: <new venue name>’. I’m expecting at this point for other fields to appear in order to supply the information for the new venue (i.e., address, website, google map info, etc.) but that does not happen. When I submit the event the new venue is also not being added to the venues list at the back end. Same thing happens when creating a new organizer. I also created an account and tested this on the demo site at http://wpshindig.com/events/ and the same thing seems to be happening there. We have both the options ‘Users cannot create new Venues’ and ‘Users cannot create new Organizers’ unchecked in the Community settings so this is quite puzzling for us.

A different issue but also concerns the community event submission form is that when ‘Use visual editor for event descriptions’ is checked on the Community settings the Text tab doesn’t seem to work on the front end. Observed the same thing with the wpshindig demo site.

Appreciate any help or clarification we could get on this.

George
    Participant

Sorry to hear this, @sphere!

To help us investigate, can you do the following things?

1. Share a link directly to your site’s community events submission form.

2. Share your site’s complete, un-edited system information using the “Sharing information manually” steps outlined in this article: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thanks!
    George

sphere
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot create new venue/organizer, text tab not working on front end’ is closed to new replies.