Cannot connect to Eventbrite

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Cannot connect to Eventbrite

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tony
    Participant

After following the instructions regarding my API key and the Client key, I get to the Eventbrite screen asking me to authorize the connection.

On saying, yes, I get an error message that says: http://www.sparktheatercompany.com/sandbox/tribe-oauth/eventbrite?code=XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please assist.

George
    Participant

Hey Tony,

Thank you for reaching out.

This and other connection issues have recently arisen with Eventbrite, and we are working hard on releasing a fix for these issues. I’m sorry that I don’t have a concrete solution at this time, nor a specific ETA for when the fixes will arrive, but I just wanted to make it clear that these are known issues and we are working on a fix. We will release it ASAP!

Please let me know if you any follow-up questions in response to this, or any other thoughts in the meantime.

Thanks for your patience while we work on fixing these Eventbrite issues.

Sincerely,
    George

Tony
    Participant

Is there an update on this? If not, let me know how to process a refund.

I’ll be happy to buy it again later if it gets fixed but I have no use for a plugin that doesn’t work as advertised.

Also, the right thing to do is put a notice on the plugin page explaining this. It’s not exactly the most ethical thing to do to sell a plugin that you know isn’t going to work. I wasted 3 hours on trying to make this thing work before finally being told that it wasn’t a problem on my end.

Please advise.

Tony Rush

George
    Participant

Hi Tony,

What versions of The Events Calendar and Eventbrite Tickets are you running on your site? At this time, the current version of The Events Calendar is 4.1.3 and the current version of Eventbrite Tickets is 4.1.2

Ensure that you are up-to-date with both plugins and let me know if issues persist; we have published some fixes in these updates and they may resolve your issues.

If not, then please follow the steps here to process a refund → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-policy/

I’m sorry for the trouble regardless of the outcome here, and hope the newest versions of our plugins help.

Thank you,
    George

Tony
    Participant

Hi George, those are the versions I’m using. I’m still getting the same error as I originally reported.

Any other fixes you can suggest?

Tony

George
    Participant

Hey Tony,

I’m sorry to hear this. If issues are persisting, then it is possible that your server is playing a role here. There may be SSLRead errors which we are working on for future versions, but at present will not allow the plugin to work properly.

To test for such errors, can you head to Events → Settings → Add-on APIs and actually try to remove the Eventbrite API keys you have added here?

Once removed, try going through the “Get Authorization” process again to try and re-connect your site to Eventbrite. (This process is documented here.)

When you try doing this, are you able to connect/authorize with Eventbrite at all again? Or does authorization seem to fail, too?

Thank you,
    George

Tony
    Participant

No, that’s my point: I’ve NEVER been able to connect to Eventbrite. That’s where the error is occurring.

What’s the process for getting a refund?

George
    Participant

Thanks for clarifying, Tony. So sorry for the trouble here. To proceed with a refund, check out the link I shared two replies above. That link is here for reference again ? https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-policy/

Do these steps and we’ll issue a refund immediately. Thank you for your patience here!

George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot connect to Eventbrite’ is closed to new replies.