Cancelled tickets re-stock development query

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Cancelled tickets re-stock development query

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jens Kirk
    Participant

Hello!

Thanks for an awesome plugin.

This thread, among other references, points out that an cancelled woo order containing an ticket will NOT restock the event.
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/stock-levels-dont-increase-after-a-cancelled-order/

Thus, if my shop sells 15 spots for a training session and 5 of the orders gets cancelled, I need to manually restock the ticket up by 5, if I want to sell out my venue.

You write that this is expected behaviour in Woocommerce. I would argue that woocommerce is not an event / ticketing system. It is bothersome to manually managing stock levels for cancelled tickets.

My question is: is this an functionality that you eventually will address or do you rule out any feature improvements. This is important to our clients to know.

Cheers

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jens!

Thanks for the kind words and for getting in touch with us about this topic. Let me try to help you with that.

WooCommerce does not automatically modify the stock when you cancel an order by default. The reason is because it might depend on each case to determine if it is the right choice to re-stock the products or not.

Several variables are also involved like the previous order state, the WooCommerce-Specific Ticket Settings, the Payment methods, and the Woocommerce Inventory settings.

All these settings can create different scenarios and depending on each of them it would make sense to re-stock an order upon cancelling or not.

We have a couple of articles that will get you started on How to Refund or Cancel a Tickets Order and to Managing Your Orders and Attendees.

I hope that helps. We are always trying to improve how the ticket processes work out for our users, so let me know if you encounter a specific case where you are having trouble with for cancelled orders and I’d be happy to help as much possible.

Best,
    Victor.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Cancelled tickets re-stock development query’ is closed to new replies.