Can Plugin Be Customized to…

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Can Plugin Be Customized to…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brandon

I have a client that has a very specific calendar request and am wondering if it is possible for the basic events plugin to be customized enough to mimic the calendar on this site: http://bethanylb.org/events/

A full calendar, which I know can be handled by your plugin. A very basic list view, which I am sure can be handled by your plugin, and also a featured events view with tiled images, titles, dates and locations.

Basically I just need to know if the free version can be customized for this, especially the featured part.

Thanks!

Courtney

Hello Brandon

With Events Calendar Pro, you can switch to Photo view, like this: http://wpshindig.com/events/photo/.

You will notice that the events are tiled, but not quite as precisely as the link you shared.

The Photo View uses jQuery Isotope to output the items in a Pinterest-type grid but not in a rigid row-column type grid.

The events are in order if you look at the top of each Photo View item in relationship to the top of the page (not in relationship to each other). Said another way, if your browser’s address bar is the North Pole, all the Photo View items are in order by the earlier start dates being “more north” than later events.

These 2 screenshots may be of further help:

If you’d like to see the sorting script improved, feel free to suggest it as an enhancement at our plugins’ UserVoice page.

This allows others who are interested in that feature to easily voice their support. We frequently review suggestions there to find out which ones are popular, then we implement as many of them as we can.

If you’re wanting Photo View’s sorting or grid/layout customized for your site, I’d guess any customization would need to be done via JavaScript, not CSS. If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your developer or reference our list of known customizers.

Is there anything else I can do to help?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Can Plugin Be Customized to…’ is closed to new replies.