Can not save the ticket information inside create new event

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Can not save the ticket information inside create new event

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Sharad
    Participant

Hello,
    I am using The Events Calendar plus woocommerce tickets, previously I was creating events by All in one events calendar which is still installed on my wordpress.
    When am trying to create a event with ticket I am not able to save ticket details.
    Also when I publish it , I can not see it live on its URL or in preview. Is it because of All in one events calendar still installed or any other thing.
    Kindly Help.

George
    Participant

Hey Sharad,

Sorry to hear about your troubles here – I’m wondering, if you deactivate All in One Events Calendar, do these issues improve at all?

If not, I’d recommend running through the full set of steps described here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

Let us know what you find! 🙂

Thanks,
    George

Sharad
    Participant

Hello George,
    Thanks for your response.I removed all other plugins except woocommerce, woocommerce ticket and The Events Calendar on my staging server and activated 2013 theme.Still I am not able to save a ticket inside the event , even event content is not visible after getting successfully published.

test event link : http://staging.hmra.in/event/ride-to-las-ts…2015-chapter-1/

Please guide what to do next.

Cheers,
    Sharad

George
    Participant

Hey Sharad,

Thanks for the update and for going through all these steps – on your submission here, it says that your version of WordPress is currently 3.6 – can you please update this to the latest version? 3.6 is quite outdated, and may be the source of many of your problems here.

Let us know what you find!

Thanks,
    George

Sharad
    Participant

Hello,
    Updating wordpress worked,now I can save the ticket and same is visible on website as well.
    But I am still facing two issues as described below:

1) When a user is selecting payU payment gateway (we are using WooCommerce – PayU Money plugin for adding payU payment gateway to woocommerce ) and clicking on checkout button its landing on payU website with unknown error.Any idea what can be causing this.
    I have completed a successful transaction with test mode of payU plugin though.

2)As you can see in this event – http://hmra.in/adventure/ride-to-las-tsos-ladakh-2015-chapter-1/ , ticket section is appearing in the end, is it possible to make it appear in between the event description near Registration text area

Cheers,
    Sharad

George
    Participant

Hey Sharad,

I’m glad you’ve made some progress here! Sorry more issues popped up, but the payU issue you mentioned is a confusing one – if things work fine in the Test mode, there may something specific to how you’ve configured payU on your site, or with your payU account. Have you found other people with similar issues? I’d recommend contacting both the WooCommerce payU add-on support, and payU’s support itself.

In the meantime, your question about moving the ticket form is something you can take more squarely into your own hands. It will unfortunately require a bit of customization – the simplest way to do this is to make a custom version of the single-event.php file in your theme, which you can learn how to do here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

Once you have a custom version of that file in your theme, look for a line of code that looks like this:

<?php do_action( 'tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta' ) ?>

If you move that code around the file to where you want, the ticket form should generate wherever you move this.

Play around with this and see if it helps!

Cheers,
    George

Sharad
    Participant

Hello George,
    Thanks for your to-the-point suggestions.
    Regarding that error I was facing on PayU page during live transaction I raised the issue both with plug in support and PayU tech support. Will wait for their words.

For moving ticket form on the event page, I took following steps as per your suggestions
    1. Copied single-event.php from Plugins/The Events Calendar/views/list to mytheme/tribe-events/list/
    2. Tried to find <?php do_action( 'tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta' ) ?>

Closest I could find was this`</div><!– .tribe-events-event-meta –>
    <?php do_action( ‘tribe_events_after_the_meta’ ) ?>

<!– Event Image –>
    <?php echo tribe_event_featured_image( null, ‘medium’ ) ?>

<!– Event Content –>
    <?php do_action( ‘tribe_events_before_the_content’ ) ?>
    <div class=”tribe-events-list-event-description tribe-events-content description entry-summary”>
    <?php the_excerpt() ?>
    <a href=”<?php echo tribe_get_event_link() ?>” class=”tribe-events-read-more” rel=”bookmark”><?php _e( ‘Find out more’, ‘tribe-events-calendar’ ) ?> »</a>
    </div><!– .tribe-events-list-event-description –>
    <?php do_action( ‘tribe_events_after_the_content’ ) ?>`

Am I with the right line of code (under event content), if yes then can you please give an example for moving this line of code somewhere in the above shown content for a result!
    Sorry for asking for spoon-feed but I am new to php and wordpress 🙂

Also one question, this file looks like a general template for events, will it be possible to place ticket form in between the text area by moving this line of code in single-event.php file, as text content will differ event to event.

Cheers,
    Shaar

George
    Participant

Hey Sharad,

Thanks for the update here.

You’re pretty close here, but instead of trying to replicate /the-events-calendar/views/list/single-event.php in your theme, just replicate /the-events-calendar/views/single-event.php – do you see the subtle difference?

In the first one, you’re looking in /views/list/, which is specific to the list view, whereas the file I’m recommending is simply right in the top-level of /views/ itself – just /views/single-event.php.

If you find this, you can indeed just add it at /tribe-events/single-event.php in your theme, and get rid of your /tribe-events/list/single-event.php file altogether.

Once you copy over the right file, you should indeed see the full action, which looks like this:

<?php do_action( 'tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta' ) ?>

And moving this around should do the trick.

Let me know if this helps at all!

Cheers, and thanks for your patience 🙂

George

Sharad
    Participant

Hello George,
    Thanks for all your help and support.
    Both my previous issues are resolved now.

For PayU error, I removed WooCommerce – PayU Money plugin from KDC_labs and used WooCommerce PayU India Gateway from Daniel Dudzic and this resolved the issue.

Can you please provide possible assistance for following two small issues as well

1)When navigating to event’s page, title my website showing is “HMRAUpcoming Events || ‘Event Title'”
    http://hmra.in/adventure/ride-to-las-tsos-ladakh-2015-chapter-1/
    I want to chage it to “HMRA | Upcoming Events || ‘Event Title'”
    How can I do that?

2)I am using tickets for event registration and their cost is the registration cost, not complete participation cost.How can I keep event cost (shown at the top, below event title on event’s page) different from ticket costs.

3)Can I add custom fields to checkout page?

4)Can I show the user cart in header or footer? If yes, how can I do that?

Thanks in advance for your patience!

Cheers,
    Sharad

George
    Participant

Hey Sharad,

Some of your questions are not related to The Events Calendar specifically, but I can at least point you in the right direction with them.

1. This question is an example of this – it’s not quite related to Events Calendar specifically, but if you customize the use of WordPress’ own wp_title() function in your site, then you should be able to get the title to display however you see fit. Learn more about this function here → https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_title

2. This is currently not possible without code customization. The simplest way to do this would be to create a custom field for events where you can log the actual Display Price you want to show up separate from the ticket price – then, look through our /views/ folder for the use of code like this:

<span><?php echo tribe_get_cost( null, true ); ?></span>

If you replace that with a get_post_meta() call to the “display price” meta field I recommended showing above, that should work fine. Learn more about get_post_meta() here → https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_post_meta

To learn about how to customize these /views/ templates in the plugin, please read through our customization guide here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

3. Yes, you can add custom fields anywhere on your WordPress site. This is not specifically related to The Events Calendar at all. Check out the get_post_meta() function I shared above, and read up on custom fields in general by searching online for information about them. It’s a simple process within WordPress and you should be able to integrate the custom fields with your Payment / Checkout plugin pretty easily.

4. This depends on your theme and your eCommerce plugin, not The Events Calendar, but yes, it should definitely be possible with custom code.

Cheers!
    George

Sharad
    Participant

Thanks for all your support, please consider topic to be closed.

George
    Participant

Okay Sharad, thanks for the update. Best of luck with your project!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Can not save the ticket information inside create new event’ is closed to new replies.