Can Import from Eventbright to WP, but can't upload from WP to Eventbright

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Can Import from Eventbright to WP, but can't upload from WP to Eventbright

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Ted Bailey
    Participant

WP 4.3.1, ECal 3.12.3, ECPro 3.12.5 & EB Tix 3.12.1 installed. Can create events in Eventbright (EB) and successfully import them into WP events. However, not working the other direction – cannot create an event in WP events and have it update EB.

When publishing or updating event, we get a successful message that event has updated at top of screen, but after screen re-paints, the “REGISTER event reverts from YES to NO and when checking in at MY EVENTS at EB, no new event appears live or draft.

Have Auth’d the sync betw WP and EB.
    Have turned DEBUG on, no errors are flagged
    Have reverted to default 20-15 theme – still no go upon publish
    Have turned OFF all plug-ins except for ECal & EBTix – still no go upon publish
    Have contacted EB, no errors or setting issues at their end

George
    Participant

Hey @docfx,

You cannot make a new event in WordPress and then have it publish to Eventbrite as a new event at this time.

This is largely due to limitations with Eventbrite’s API, which allows READ access [so that we can pull events from eventbrite.com] and only very limited WRITE access.

I hope this answer is clear and helps you move forward with your project; please let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions or concerns!

Thanks,
    George

Ted Bailey
    Participant

Thanks George, but REALLY?!?!?!?

This seems all kinds of misleading, especially learning this AFTER purchasing an agency license…

If you are correct, then WHY does your OWN site say this…

“With Eventbrite Tickets, you’re in control of your event and your tickets… Events are created on your WordPress site and in your account on Eventbrite.com… You can also import events directly from your Eventbrite.com account into your WordPress site.”

From a pre-sales perspective, this certainly suggests strongly that I can do exactly what I’m trying to do (create events in WP & publish to EB) AS WELL AS import events from EB.

AND the Plug-in screen inside WP say this…

“Register this event with eventbrite.com? Yes / No”
    &
    “Publish this post to create the Event with Eventbrite.com

When you publish this post, an event will be created for you at Eventbrite. Before you publish, you can choose whether this event will save as a draft or live event using the Eventbrite status below.”

From a Post-sale perspective it ALSO indicates that I can do what I’m asking about, so either I’m not explaining the situation correctly (this is a single event not a recurring event), you’re misunderstanding the issue, MT is misrepresenting the product, or the product isn’t working as it should.

I’ve already talked to support at EB and they suggest the fault is in the plugin and to contact MT.

…so what’s the deal?

George
    Participant

@docfx, I’m terribly sorry and have no good explanation for what happened. I just completely messed up here and somehow blanked on one of the key features of the plugin. I’m really, really sorry!

Posting to EB from WP is indeed supposed to work, and it does for me as I just tested it, so I unfortunately think there is a code conflict on your site.

You mention already testing for conflicts with your theme, but what about your other plugins? Of particular interest is WordFence – it’s a great plugin, but it might be blocking or interfering with the communication between your site and with eventbrite.com.

I would recommend deactivating all plugins except The Events Calendar and Eventbrite Tickets, BUT you claim to have already tried this to no avail. So this is quite a perplexing issue – I will rope in another developer on our team for some extra help with figuring this one out.

Thank you for your patience while we investigate this and try to reproduce the problems, which we are currently unable to do. I see that your licenses are recent purchases – if worst comes to worst, and we’re unable to resolve this, then we are happy to refund your purchases in full (which we can do within 30 days of the date of purchase).

Once again, I’m really sorry about my confusion here.

Sincerely,
    George

Ted Bailey
    Participant

Ok George…
    I’ll cancel my curse upon you and your entire bloodline 🙂

That said, as for checking conflicts, I first disabled our core & child theme and activated 20-15… no go. Then while still in 20-15, I disabled ALL plugins (including Event Calendar Pro) Except for Event Calendar and EventBright Tickets… still no go.

Can successfully import an event created IN Eventbright, so that would suggest syncing communication is auth’d and working.

DEBUG is not flagging any errors, nor is server log for site…

George
    Participant

Thank you for sparing my bloodline of your curse 🙂 I’m sorry to only be able to repay that generosity with the news that another developer on our team HAS finally been able to reproduce this error.

So you’re not crazy, or doing something weird or wrong; I don’t know why I cannot replicate this error, but another developer is able to and we are investigating this closely.

The issue does seem to be related to the API, though it’s not clear exactly how so or what specific element is going awry. I’m curious – do you have any other websites with the most recent versions of The Events Calendar and Eventbrite Tickets? If so, do you have similar issues with these sites too? Or is http://oba.what-if.com itself the only domain name with issues?

@docfx
    , I know in the opening of this reply I was joking around, and I know that in this thread I at first made a very annoying mistake. But in all seriousness, I really appreciate your patience with this. I’m genuinely sorry about the inconveniences that are resulting from this weird bug – we’re a bit puzzled by this but I want you to know that I am working on this and another developer is too; some of our other developers are tied up with a software launch today, and have been since Monday, but hopefully tomorrow and onwards we’ll have even more eyes and brains working on this together.

Not sure what’s happening, @docfx, and I’m sorry about how frustrating this is. To be honest, it’s frustrating to us too, because it’s not clear exactly what is going wrong with the API requests…it’s a weird one!

Please sit tight. Your patience means a lot and we’re working on this one.

And in closing, I know it’s kind of weird to just throw a coupon code out, but I just wanted to let you know that as a way to say “sorry!” we thought it could be helpful for you to know that we made a custom coupon code for you. Does it solve your current problems? No, and I’m not pretending it does; we’ve still got to fix the code. But just in case you have a license renewal coming up, or want to buy another add-on or something, try out the coupon code docfx_rocks at checkout – that’ll knock a clean 50% off whatever your cart total is 😉

Thanks for your patience @docfx – I will post here again as soon as I have any more information about this bug!

Sincerely,
    George

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Ted Bailey
    Participant

George,
    Thanks for the update. Glad to hear its not isolated and has been duplicated, but sad that its on one of three sites we’re trying to launch in short order.

Alas no, while we DO have several sites w/ Event Calendar & Pro, this is the 1st foray into EventBright. I’d have to check, but I’m pretty sure the others we tied into WooTix and/or HealCode.

I might be able to spin up another site this weekend to test either the same or a different server and an alternate EB account.

George
    Participant

Thank your for your patience with this, @docfx. I’m very sorry about the implications of this error; we’re investigating!

Maarten
    Participant

Having the same problem here, whenever I save the event (either existing or new) in WP with tickets set to be sold with EventBrite it saves fine (no messages) but the event is not uploaded to EventBrite and the option is set back to “no”.

I tried a lot of things but I can’t get this to work unfortunately, might it be due to the application key that actually needs to be the personal OATH key? Although I think I tried that to no avail.

Worst thing is, importing from EventBrite won’t work either, not even for live events. It seems the URL has changed as well to /e/ticket-eventname-1234567 instead of /event/1234567. I tried the number as well as the whole ticket-eventname-number thingy but it won’t work.

I’ll see if I can hack around and see if I can get some proper debug output as even enabling debug mode won’t log anything (also not in debug bar).

Hope this gets fixed soon though, really need this one, cheers! 🙂

George
    Participant

I’m sorry for the trouble @Maarten! We’re indeed working on this still – sit tight, your patience means a ton and this an odd issue that we’re still having trouble with pinpointing…

Thank you!
    George

Ted Bailey
    Participant

Not sure if this will help. We can confirm inability to import from EB now as well. Doesn’t seem consistent though. We had to RE-AUTH w/ EB via the EVENT SETTINGS EB TAB (even though no keys had changed), then the import EB event function worked again as before.

We’ve written our own meta data function to auto import by event ID and circumnavigate the manual import issue, for the moment, at least until the EB extension is fixed.

That said, RE-AUTH just prior to publishing seemed to have NO effect on publishing TO EB.

George
    Participant

Thanks for the update @docfx – this behavior continues to be bizarre and I still unfortunately have trouble reproducing these things, but we are working on this. Thank you so, so much for your patience!

One thing I should note is that this could very well be an issue that we’re not able to fix for some time; if that’s a deal-breaker for your site, I totally understand and am first of all sorry if things come to that, but also wanted to mention that we can only process refunds within 30 days of purchase. That’s not our choice, it’s the time limit that our payment processors, PayPal and Stripe, themselves impose…

Based on your payment records, I just wanted to state the reminder clearly that if you would like to get a refund for all of this and move on, you should act on that by no later than November 16th. (The real 30-day limit would be closer to the 19th, but I wanted to allow a few days for some padding just as a precaution.)

Sincerely,
    George

Maarten
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Hey @maarten, thanks for your patience with this! To get a refund processed, can you please follow the steps here? → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-policy/

Thank you!
    George

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Can Import from Eventbright to WP, but can't upload from WP to Eventbright’ is closed to new replies.