Can Charitable be used to purchase event tickets? Plus a ? about multisite.

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Can Charitable be used to purchase event tickets? Plus a ? about multisite.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Steve

I’m setting up a new site for the New Mexico Cancer Center Foundation (a non-profit), and would like to be able to sell tickets to fundraising events. I have two questions:

1. I’m also looking for a good payment plugin for online donations, and Charitable looks like an excellent choice, and a better choice for a non-profit foundation than WooCommerce. But it appears that Event Tickets Plus only lists three options for linking to ticket sales, and Charitable isn’t one of them. Can Charitable be used, or must one of the listed choices be used?

2. The Foundation site is set up as a sub-site in a multisite install, but this is a very small multisite that will only have the main site medical practice site and at most three sub-sites, one for the Foundation, and two duplicate sites translated into Spanish. So, it would be totally inappropriate for us to purchase an expensive multi-site license intended for sites with hundreds of sites in the network. Is there any reason why I couldn’t purchase, for example, Events Calendar Pro and Event Tickets Plus at the usual rate, and have everything still work? In fact, only the Foundation site and its Spanish duplicate will need the Ticket sales add-on; it’s not even certain yet that we’ll do the Spanish site for the Foundation.

Thanks.

Geoff

Hey Steve,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Oh wow, I had honestly never come across Charitable before, but it looks neat. I am afraid, though, thatย Event Tickets Plusย is not able to integrate with it the same way that it does with WooCommerce and other WordPress e-commerce plugins.

To answer your question about multisites, you have a couple of options. One is to purchase the Multisite License, install the plugin at the network level, and then activate and manage the plugin at the network level. Another option is to purchase the Business License (which allows you to install the plugin on up to 3 sites) and install the plugin on each sub-site. That second option will definitely save you money, but could be cumbersome as far as managing the plugin on multiple sites. totally up to you because either way works!

You also mentioned being a charity, so I thought I would also encourage you to check out our nonprofit program. If you qualify and are accepted, we would be happy to grant you a complimentary license for either Events Calendar PRO or Event Tickets Plus, which would definitely save you some extra money and might make your decision even easier. ๐Ÿ™‚

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Steve

PROBLEM: I just purchased and installed Events Calendar Pro for Business $149, up to 3 sites), and Tickets Plus Personal ($89, for 1 site) because that’s exactly how I intend to use them within my multi-site network. EC Pro will be used on the main site and 2 sub-sites, and Tickets+ will be used on only 1 of the sub-sites. Your response above to my multis-site question was very clear that this would work fine. And while both were accepted without problem on the site dashboards, your online Account license page gave me this, for both items, in bold red letters:

This appears to be a multisite install. Please purchase a multisite license for this site. Disconnect now.

And, there is a completely different discrepancy on the dashboard settings tab, where it says that I can use TEC Pro for up to 11 sub-sites.

This does not inspire confidence. There is contradictory information all over the place! It’s especially annoying that your online license page is telling me I must buy a super-expensive multi-site license for my tiny number of sites and I must disconnect immediately, when in fact you made it clear that that is not necessary. (I have no intention of purchasing a multi-site license for hundreds of dollars given how I am using this!)

Please fix this!

Thanks.

Steve

Adding even more to my last message above about multisite confusion on your end, here is what is now appears on my site dashboards and the Events Settings page:

It looks like you’re using Event Tickets Plus and The Events Calendar PRO, but the license keys you supplied do not appear to be valid or are missing. Please review and fix so that you can always have access to our latest versions!

Yet, on the very same Settings page that includes this warning, there is this below each of my license entries:

Thank you! You have enabled a valid license. It looks like you are using this license within a multisite network. If you have 11 or more subsites, want network-level management, and/or require automatic updates, you need to upgrade to a multisite license. Read more about license options.

I really suggest you get this fixed pronto It does not speak well for TEC.

One more quibble: apparently you require that both the free version AND the paid version remain activated. I have never seen a plug-in do this before. Not a big deal, but adds another bit of confusion on set-up.

Steve

Barry

Hi Steve,

It does seem that our license messaging – in the context of multisite environments – could do with some adjustment: we’re sorry for any confusion and frustration it has caused you so far.

I’ll make sure that this is flagged for further attention however, in the interim, know that you can essentially ignore those warnings and the functionality of the plugins themselves will not be impeded.

One more quibble: apparently you require that both the free version AND the paid version remain activated. I have never seen a plug-in do this before. Not a big deal, but adds another bit of confusion on set-up.

That is indeed how things work – and is a side-effect of our modular design. Not all users, for instance, will extend The Events Calendar by installing Events Calendar PRO: some may wish only to add the features offered by Community Events, still others will want the functionality of Filter Bar and others yet may wish some combination of additional features.

You’re quite right, though, that the modular nature of our plugins (and the need to have a base plugin – in this case, The Events Calendar – in place) is perhaps not immediately apparent based on the information in our product pages alone: I’ll talk this over with the team and see what we can do.

If you have any further questions or concerns – especially if they relate to your license keys or plugin functionality – I would ask that you login and post them in our premium forum (this will simply help to ensure you get prompt and appropriate assistance from the team) ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks again for the feedback!

Steve

Thanks!

Barry

Our pleasure ๐Ÿ™‚

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Can Charitable be used to purchase event tickets? Plus a ? about multisite.’ is closed to new replies.