Can a viewer submit an event into the calendar without being an admin?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Can a viewer submit an event into the calendar without being an admin?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    akira9000

Hi,

Is it possible to submit an event into the calendar as a front end user rather than a logged in admin? Could this be done through something like Contact Form 7 and appear as an event after a form submission?

Also in the Pro version would it be possible to just show a single month and remove the search functionality? I just need to display 3 days in September for my project so showing months & months of calendar is overkill.

Cheers

Caroline

Hi there!

Thanks so much for stopping by! We absolutely do support this feature via our Community Events plugin–you can pair Community Events with either of our calendar plugins and open up event submissions to as many or as few other users as you’d like, as well as set administrator options so user-submitted events are managed just how you like them. There’s a great introductory video on our product page if you’d like a brief rundown of the product’s functionality, and our Knowledgebase articles linked further down go into more detail on setup and features. Give it a look over and let me know if you should come away with any questions! 🙂

For highlighting just a handful of dates without the overkill of displaying a calendar full of empty months, perhaps switching your default calendar view to list view would be a good solution? This would display in list format only the dates that have events scheduled, so your users won’t need to do a lot of clicking to get to the next event. You can specify this setting (and many others) in the Events > Settings page of your WordPress admin.

I hope that helps! Thanks again, and let me know if you should have any other questions!

akira9000

That’s great. Thank you for the fast response. Can I just ask another couple of questions please?

So if I have this straight, I’d need to buy the Cal Pro license & the Community plugin too ( this is no problem, just checking )?

Can I create custom forms in the Community plugin that add info to each event?
    And finally, can I add multiple events by time slot into a single date?

Caroline

Of course–you most certainly may ask as many questions as you’d like! We’re here to help! 🙂

• Community Events can be paired with either one of our calendar plugins, The Events Calendar or Events Calendar PRO, so you’re free to choose the setup that works best for your needs. If you don’t require the added features of PRO like recurring events or shortcodes, you’re free to simply use Community Events with our free version of The Events Calendar.
    • Are you interested in creating custom forms for users to fill out when submitting events, or do you have another form-based usage in mind? Let me know if you’re able to clarify a bit here!
    • Multiple events on the same day and time are 100% okay–add away!

Thanks, and let me know if there’s anything else I can assist with!

Caroline

Hi again! It’s been a while since our last exchange here, and it looks like you’re all sorted by now, so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread out. Please don’t hesitate to follow up with a new thread if there’s anything else we can do to assist! 🙂 Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Can a viewer submit an event into the calendar without being an admin?’ is closed to new replies.