Call to undefined method WP_Error::getNextDate()

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Call to undefined method WP_Error::getNextDate()

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mrjarbenne
    Participant

@george @dmallett

I can confirm I’m seeing the same error in my php-errors.log on a Multisite instance, running WP 4.4.1 and 4.0.4 of Events and 4.0.3 of Pro, as mentioned in this unresolved forum post:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/php-fatal-error-get/

[12-Jan-2016 02:52:18 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method WP_Error::getNextDate() in /var/www/commons.hwdsb.on.ca/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Recurrence.php on line 119

I don’t use the Bulletproof Security plugin mentioned, this is appearing through wp_debug.

George
    Participant

Hey @Jared,

Thanks for sharing this – since you are seeing this, too, then this definitely is adding some credence to the idea of this being a bug.

I am still unable to recreate this, but am wondering – can you share your system information with us anyways? It may help with investigating this. Here’s how to share that: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

I’m sorry to bear this news, but while your post here is helpful, this is a bug we still cannot recreate and so there is not any immediate action that can be taken here. I will index this in our bug system and hopefully someone can recreate it; then, we can work on a fix that will arrive in some future release.

Thanks for reporting this!
    George

mrjarbenne
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Thank you @jared!

To be clear, can you address the following specific questions too:

1. Does this error only show up in your error logs? Or does it also display on the HTML of your site itself, like in black text across the top of the page or anything?

2. Do you notice any functionality problems anywhere on your site? Or is this just an error you notice in your log but do not notice any actual problems arising from it?

3. If this error has appeared multiple times in your log, is it appearing at the same time and/or at regular intervals? Or all different times?

Thank you!
    George

mrjarbenne
    Participant

1. Does this error only show up in your error logs? Or does it also display on the HTML of your site itself, like in black text across the top of the page or anything?

Only in the error logs

2. Do you notice any functionality problems anywhere on your site? Or is this just an error you notice in your log but do not notice any actual problems arising from it?

We are triaging a mysql issue and trying to pour through the logs. I’m not noticing anything specific, but may be missing the glitch. It’s a multisite. Potentially users are seeing an issue and not reporting it. I recognize that answer is completely unhelpful, so for now, lets say no.

3. If this error has appeared multiple times in your log, is it appearing at the same time and/or at regular intervals? Or all different times?

[11-Jan-2016 05:19:43 UTC]
    [11-Jan-2016 08:05:46 UTC]
    [11-Jan-2016 11:09:45 UTC]
    [11-Jan-2016 13:04:42 UTC]
    [11-Jan-2016 14:28:06 UTC]
    [12-Jan-2016 02:52:18 UTC]
    [12-Jan-2016 07:18:26 UTC]

Looks to be random. Here are the most recent instances.

George
    Participant

Hey Jared,

Thanks for reporting all of this information. Those server times do indeed look random – they look somewhat they are happening every three hours or so, but then the pattern falls apart once you get to the fourth and fifth item and beyond. Weird.

In fact, “Weird” can be said about this issue in general! I still do not see this error at all in my own error logs, but since you have reported this and do not have the same site configuration as the original reporter of the issue (@dmallett), this is definitely worth considering a “bug” and I will make a bug ticket so we can have our developers investigate this.

I am glad that this error, so far, appears to only be “diagnostic”, and is not actually affecting things on your site. It will take us some time to investigate this and, unfortunately, I would not expect a bug fix for this for at least one or two releases from now.

I’m sorry that there is no immediate action to be taken here – this is an odd error and an odd bug. However, I have created a bug ticket for this and so it will be getting some attention from developers nonetheless.

Let me know if you have any further questions here or if there’s anything else I can help with!

Thank you,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Call to undefined method WP_Error::getNextDate()’ is closed to new replies.