Call Custom Single Event Meta Info

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Call Custom Single Event Meta Info

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rcneil
    Participant

It seems like from this post – https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/custom-single-event-meta-info/ – that one cannot edit the single event meta template function called “tribe_events_single_event_meta”.

This is a little disappointing, but I imagine the alternative would be to comment out that function for right now and simply use other functions call specific information as we see fit.

How can I call meta information for the single event while in a loop? For example, I would like to call the Event’s Date, Time, Event Category, along with the Organizer’s Name, Phone, Email, and Description. I’m just adding the Organizer’s description to be included.

This would be ideal to know as I am making a custom WP_Query for the very same data as well.

Thanks.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy,

You are spot on that the best way to make changes to the meta info is by swapping out tribe_events_single_event_meta() with individual functions — at least in my opinion that is the best way. This allows you full control of the order and way in which they are presented.

We have a bunch of template tags available for this. If you open up /the-events-calendar/public/template-tags/ you should find all the ones relevant to your needs. For instance, in organizer.php you will find numerous organized functions like tribe_get_organizer_email(). You should not need any arguments, call those within the loop and they will return the current events data.

Will that work for you? Thanks for posting!

– Brook

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Call Custom Single Event Meta Info’ is closed to new replies.