Calendar Widget Nav Causes Featured Slides To Replicate

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar Widget Nav Causes Featured Slides To Replicate

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Larry Martin
    Participant

We have a problem that resides in the interface between TEC Pro and the PageLines Platform Pro theme we’re using.
    To wit: navigating to a “Next” or “Previous” month in the calendar widget calls a function in the theme that replicates the default feature slides that came with the theme. So, every time one of our viewers taps the Next or Previous arrows, a fresh set of default slides is added to our database.
    We’ve managed to hide the default slides so our viewers don’t see them, but they do pile up in the database, which now requires almost daily cleaning.
    It’s taken us several days to isolate the action that causes these feature slides to replicate. Alas, now that we’ve traced it to the calendar widget monthly navigation menu we are at a loss to know how to proceed from here.
    Do you have any idea what part of the calendar widget code might trip a wire that makes a call to the theme itself that triggers the “get_default_features()” function in the theme?
    Clues are welcome. Heck, WAGs are welcome.
    (Our Website is thecowboycalendar.com. You’ll be able to see how we’ve deployed the calendar widget there, and to navigate the months, but of course you won’t see the PageLines default images replicating on the back end.)

Joyce Grace

Hello Larry,

Very sorry to hear you’re having this problem. We’ve heard from other users that they’re having issues with the Pagelines theme when trying to integrate our plugin.

What I know now is that we don’t have that much to offer, but we really value the feedback, which help us pinpoint ways to make our plugin better for the next releases, which we do monthly.

Here is a related thread: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/pagelines/#post-23297

If you search our forums you will see more topics related to Pagelines that might help.

That being said, I am definitely going to try to get some higher level support this, to help troubleshoot more than what I am capable of. We’ll see if any devs know what to do.

Thanks for your patience!

Larry Martin
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, Joyce. On the other thread, Rachel appears to be having the identical problem. In his reply dated August 6, Rob said he is following up. Should we merge these two threads?

Rob

Hey Larry: I still haven’t heard back from Rachel in the other thread, so we may want to assume that she’s moved on and try to figure this out here.

Joyce, can you please run this up the ladder with the dev team?

Larry Martin
    Participant

Thanks Rob. Let me know what you need from us.

Joyce Grace

Hi Larry – very sorry for the confusion. I think Rob meant lets move this discussion over to the thread with Rachel, and just link to this thread.

I am going to get higher level support on this now – but in the other thread 🙂

Larry Martin
    Participant

Gotcha.

Rob

Sorry for the confusion created on my end, too, folks. Going to close this thread out for consistency sake.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar Widget Nav Causes Featured Slides To Replicate’ is closed to new replies.