Pagelines

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Pagelines

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Thomas

Just thought I would point out that I am using the Pagelines theme/app and I seem to be having no problems with it. Will update thread if I run into anything, but at this point The Events Calender Pro with Community add on, works fine.

Rob

Thanks for the heads up on this, Thomas! That is awesome to hear, especially since if I recall correctly we did have some conflicts with that theme earlier on in the plugin’s lifecycle.

If you encounter any other weirdness down the road, please do let us know so we can get that resolved (or at least try to identify the cause). Thanks again for the heads up.

Rachel

Hi there,

I am running pagelines 2.1.6 and have just installed Events Calendar Pro and seem to have found a conflict. The calendar of events widget seems to cause a problem with the Pagelines features whereby the default features and boxes are duplicated when I leave the page and then come back. The free version of the plugin caused no issues at all.
    Any help on this would be appreciated.

Rob

Hi Rachel. Thanks for the heads up…sorry to hear of the inconvenience. The mini-calendar is a PRO exclusive feature, so that would explain why you’re only seeing it there. My guess is this has to do with some of the changes we made for 2.0.7 to add monthly navigation for that widget. Can you share a link to the site so we can see this in action?

Rachel

Hi Rob,
    That would make sense as the error seems to occur after I navigate to a different month. The site is in development so would rather not post it on the forum – is there some way I can send it to you direct please?

Thomas

I am also running pagelines 2.1.6 and am not seeing any problem but am not using features or boxes. http://www.cayugan.com … just added the Facebook Events add on and it seems to be working fine.

Rob

Hey Rachel: sure thing. If you send an email to pro /a/ tri.be with a link to the site and to this thread as a frame of reference, we’ll take a look and try to troubleshoot from there. (Though, let’s keep discussion beyond that exchange here on the forum in case anyone else experiences the issue).

Thomas: thanks for the heads up here, glad to hear you’re not having any problems on your end. If anything does emerge definitely let us know as it’ll be another clue to the puzzle.

Rachel

Hi Rob, sent the email today – let me know if you don’t get it.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Rachel,

Rob has forwarded your email to me and I’ve taken a look at your website but I cannot see specifically what the issue is. Can you please elaborate?

Thanks,
    Jonah

Rachel

Hi Jonah, the issue as stated above is that when you use the calendar widget the default box and feature posts are duplicated. So when I came to look at the site this morning, my features were all replaced by the defaults. Pagelines had automatically created about 20 default posts in the sections (which i’ve gone in and deleted). If you try again you will see the custom images replaced by the defaults each time you use the widget.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Rachel,

I’m still not seeing the issue. If I look at your home page in Chrome and click through the mini calendar, everything looks/works fine. Am I looking in the right place?

– Jonah

Rachel

Hi Jonah,
    I just emailed you a screen grab showing the error (wasn’t sure how to attach them here) as it occurs in chrome (its not browser specific).

Rachel

Jonah I’ve found two more posts in the pagelines forums that may help – certain plugins seem to be the cause of this issue. In my case I deactivated all others and narrowed it down to the calendar widget in yours:
    http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/19648/default-pagelines-ads-features-keep-replicating-themselves
    http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/16936/features-and-boxes-have-duplicated-itself-in-the-backend#Item_2

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Rachel,

I’m checking with another developer on this. Can you confirm that this behavior does not also happen with our plugins deactivated? If so, can you please send us WP admin credentials to pro [at] tri [dot] be and give us instructions on how to recreate the problem.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Rachel

Hi Jonah, yes I can confirm it is limited to the pro plugin and more specifically the calendar widget. It only occurs when using that widget – leaving the page the coming back. I’ve just emailed you an admin account. Cheers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • The topic ‘Pagelines’ is closed to new replies.