Calendar widget JS error on small screens prevents other plugins from working.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar widget JS error on small screens prevents other plugins from working.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    agrilife
    Participant

Hello, we have a JS error I can’t seem to find a solution to. I’ve looked at our other sites using this plugin and they experience the same issue. After looking at the source code I can’t seem to figure out how to avoid this JS error since it is caused by JS variables not being able to find their target HTML element. I replaced the minified JS file with the source file (tribe-events-ajax-calendar.js) and the first error is coming from line 155 because $date is undefined. The function is being called from line 201 and I found that the $wrapper variable declared on line 24 wasn’t found on small screen widths.

Can you tell me how I can fix this for the dozens of sites we use this on? Is this a problem I’ve caused or does it need to be patched?

– Zach

• This topic was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by agrilife.
    agrilife
    Participant

This is not an issue on https://wfsc.tamu.edu/ which is running 4.6.20.1

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Zach,

Thanks for reaching out!

I have tried to recreate this on my end, but haven’t succeeded yet.

On my test site I put an ‘Events Calendar’ widget in the sidebar widget area. Then went to the front-end, switched to responsive view and a small screensize but the javascript error message did not appear and all kept working as it should.

I’m on latest TEC 4.6.22.1 and PRO 4.4.31

Are you doing anything differently?

To rule out any conflicts it would also be great if you could go through our conflict testing guide and see if that brings anything to the surface.

Cheers,
    Andras

agrilife
    Participant

Hi Andras,

I tested the latest version of TEC and TEC Pro on a local development site this time with only Twenty Seventeen and those two plugins and I still see the same error. I am testing in Firefox 61.0.2.

How should we proceed?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi,

I just did the same, fired up a test site with Local by Flywheel, php 7.1.7 and whatever was default, with Ffox 61.0.2.

Installed TEC and PRO and I’m not getting the error you are getting. Not on the home page, not on the calendar page.

Hmmm… interesting.

If I understand correctly you don’t have any other plugins active and there is no caching. Do you get the same with a different browser?

What’s your local environment? Server type, php version and the rest?

A.

agrilife
    Participant

Local environment is Local by Flywheel, PHP 7.1.7 and default settings. Firefox 61.0.2 and Chrome 68.0.3440.106. I’ve attached a screenshot of the error in both browsers. Plugin versions: TEC 4.6.22.1, TEC Pro 4.4.31. No other plugins installed on the local site.

agrilife
    Participant

I should note that the error occurs when the browser window is about 780px wide or smaller.

Andras
    Keymaster

Ah okay, that explains why I didn’t see it. I see it also with less wide view.

It looks like we have a bug on our hand. I will ticket this so our developers can take a look.

I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and we’ll help you out.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

agrilife
    Participant

Ok, how can I get an email once a solution to this issue is published?

Andras
    Keymaster

When the fix goes out we will post a message for you in this thread.

If you have opted in to receive email notifications about any new messages here, then you will receive an email as well.

The fix should be released next week with the maintenance release if all goes well.

Cheers,
    Andras

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Zach!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue πŸ™‚

Find out more about this release β†’ https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-30-september-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Zach,

Just wanted to give you a ping and check if you have managed to take a look at the update.

Let me know.

Cheers,
    Andras

agrilife
    Participant

Hi AndrΓ‘s, yes the latest update solved our issue! Thanks to your team for fixing this for us!

Andras
    Keymaster

Happy to hear that got fixed! Awesome!

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please create a new ticket and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: We’d be grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. πŸ™‚ If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Thanks!

PS2: If you like our plugins, and you didn’t yet do so πŸ™‚ we would also be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Much appreciated!
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar/
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/event-tickets/

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar widget JS error on small screens prevents other plugins from working.’ is closed to new replies.