Calendar Widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar Widget

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    dominikborde
    Participant

This reply is private.

dominikborde
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi Sam: just reviewing your posts above and I’m not absolutely clear if you resolved this (or at least narrowed it down to the permalink editor plugin) or still need assistance?

dominikborde
    Participant

Sorry – was a long w/end!
    I have indeed determined the culprit to be the permalink editor!
    However, this is not the cause of the page title meta showing ‘page not found’ or the breadcrumbs also showing the 404 – this happens with nothing else enabled on both the 2011 and 2012 themes – so yes, i still have a problem and require assistance :0)

Barry

OK. I can’t replicate this with an unmodified copy of Twenty Twelve with only our plugins running – the page title of /events/ is Upcoming Events | Site Name or Events for [MONTH] [YEAR] | Site Name (depending on the default view, of course).

Is there anything else you can share that might shed some light on why your installation isn’t behaving like this? Did you have any other plugins running besides our own when you switched to Twenty Twelve?

David Broome
    Participant

Hello – not sure if this is a similar problem but with the v.3 upgrade the events calendar mini calendar widget on my site became a plain calendar with no navigation or events. I had to remove it and add (we re-add) the Events Calendar mini calendar widget. Now I get the events and the new styled version.

This appears to be an upgrade bug.

dominikborde
    Participant

weird – everything was off, let me test again and get back to you – but what about the conflict with the permalink editor, any thoughts?

Also, the issue with the page title no longer being displayed and nowhere in the settings to specify one? the previous version did this correctly?

Barry

Hi David: yes that is an upgrade bug, and one that shouldn’t happen again – unfortunately it related to code already in circulation and there wasn’t really any way to avoid it. We do apologize for the inconvenience, though – and are glad you fixed this.

Dominik/Sam: I just want to clarify where we are and what problems are outstanding here:

* ‘Page not found’ is showing in the page title (does this only occur when you go, for instance, to view a month that does not contain any events?)

* There is still a conflict with the permalink editor – however I’m not too sure to what degree we can help here. The Events Calendar adds its own rewrite rules and these would need to be respected, it may or may not be beyond that plugin to handle this but I’m afraid I can’t really assist much further with that.

dominikborde
    Participant

Barry,

I have just updated to latest version and also the pro & wootickets – trying to add the license keys it tells me “Sorry, this key is out of installs.” This also prevents applying the update to pro!

Regarding the ‘Page Not Found’ – it seems if there is an event posted then going to /events/ no longer shows this – however it also does not display the meta for Sitename etc and no Page Title is displayed at the top of the template/page as it did for version 2. The test event itself is showing Test >> Sozialdynamik – I am using WordPress SEO by Yoast btw.

The permalink editor – all I have done is add /coaching/ to the beginning of the pages in the Coaching section – there is no reason for it to conflict with The Events Calendar – the Business and Personal menu items link to WordPress Pages – the sub-items are Custom Post Types with the slug sd_article based on the advice given on the WordPress Codex – any ideas why you would conflict? I have torn out my hair here!!!

Regards

Sam

PS, the Pro part no longer screw up the wordpress blog calendar at least so some progress!

Barry

Hi Dominik,

Regarding the permalink editor first of all: although what you are doing may not on the face of it seem to likely to cause a conflict it’s possible that plugin’s code itself – and the way it manipulates WordPress’s list of rewrite rules (if indeed that’s what it’s doing, since I’m unfamiliar with it I’m really offering a guess here) – could be the root of the conflict rather than any specific changes you have made through it.

Based on the fact that turning it off seems to resolve that issue though it would seem to be the problem.

For the page not found issue, one thing you could try is the advice given toward the end of this thread which should stop month views from returning a Page Not Found status even when they are empty.

Beyond that, is the page title issue only a problem when WordPress SEO is activated?

dominikborde
    Participant

Cool, guess i’ll have to find an alternative way to do the custom permalinks.

Page title wise – if you look here http://86.24.45.19:8888/events/
    then look at any other page and you will see the page title as – using v2 it displayed ‘upcoming events’ so looks like something is being done differently on v3 – i chose the ‘classic header’ but still no good ?! …and what about the license key issue?

dominikborde
    Participant

sorry – yes, disabling WordPress SEO causes the page title meta to show as Upcoming Events | Sozialdynamik

dominikborde
    Participant

but that is separate to the actual ‘Page Title’ showing on the page itself you understand – this worked correctly on v 2.0 as did the breadcrumbs and the SEO

Barry

I’m not sure I do: I see Upcoming Events in the actual title element but also on the page – so it seems to me to be working as expected. Am I misunderstanding?

dominikborde
    Participant

ok – the title is ON the page – however previously it honored my template and the title was displayed below the logo in the striped area – if you look at the about page for example the ‘gallery’ page the Word ‘Gallery’ is where v2 displayed the ‘Events’ and all categories, event names etc also displayed in this area – v3 does not.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar Widget’ is closed to new replies.