Calendar Preview

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar Preview

• This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 9 months ago by dsb cloud services GmbH & Co. KG.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello support-team 🙂

In my screenshot you can see a normal preview of an event. Is it possible to show the event author of that event in this preview?

Greetings
    Patrick

Shelby
    Participant

Hi there Patrick,

Thanks for reaching out, and I’m happy to help out here.

I think you’ll find Gustavo’s help offered in this thread to be of use in this situation. 🙂

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions about this or need any clarification!

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Hi Shelby,

thank you for the link, it helped a bit. After some testing and troubleshooting I get custome tooltips.
    Sadly just downloading and installing the plugin from Gustavo didn’t work. I had to copy the plugin-files into my theme folder.
    But one point is still not working. I wanted to the see the “author” of the event, not the “Organizer”.

Greetings
    Patrick

Shelby
    Participant

Hi again Patrick,

Thanks for clarifying! In this case, you’ll just have to reference the WordPress post author. There is some good information about doing this in the WordPress codex. 🙂

Let me know how this goes!

Cheers,

Shelby 🙂

Hi Shelby,

that works great, thanks a lot!
    But sadly there is another problem now 🙁
    In the backend I can see the correct author, but at the frontend it is the wrong one.
    I think this is because I needed to delete this user in the past and recreate it.

Greetings
    Patrick

Hi Shelby,

a small update, the problem does have anything to do with the fact, that I delete that user.
    I just created a new one user and the function <?php the_author(); ?>always displays the same admin-user.

Hi Shelby,

it’s me again 🙂
    I think I know what the problem is, but I don’t know how to fix it 🙁
    The function
    <?php the_author(); ?>
    calls the autor of the site, on which the calendar is and not the autor of the single event itselfs.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Patrick,

The author calls the author of the page, you’ll have to define the event post first, and then call the author of that particular post. 🙂

Hope that helps!

Shelby 🙂

Hi Shelby,

I managed to get my “problem” solved.

<?php 
    $author_ID = get_post_field( 'post_author', $post_id );
    echo the_author_meta( 'display_name', $author_ID );
    ?>

Did the trick 🙂
    Thanks for your help.

Greetings
    Patrick

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Patrick,

So glad I was able to help and you were able to get things worked out!

Take care,

Shelby 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar Preview’ is closed to new replies.