Add Organizer, Venue and Price info to tooltips in Week and Month view

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Add Organizer, Venue and Price info to tooltips in Week and Month view

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Wendy
    Participant

Hi

I want to add Organizer, Venue and Price info to tooltips in Week and Month view.

Which files should I be editing and what code should I be adding?

Thanks and regards.

Wendy

http://www.westhampsteadcc.org.uk/events

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to our forums.

I will point you to two Snippets of code, they both explain a little bit on how to add new information on the tooltips.

https://gist.github.com/bordoni/420661affe489e08fd5e

Please take a look at our Themer’s Guide, so that you can see how some of our templates works.

My Best Regards,

Wendy
    Participant

Hi Gustavo

That’s great, thanks. I am not a plugin developer so am still feeling my way round here. I will read all the material you have shown me and will have a go at getting it to work. It’s clearly a bigger job than I had thought so I may not manage it for a few days. I might have to come back to you for more help. I hope that’s ok.

Thanks and regards.

Wendy

Wendy
    Participant

Hi Gustavo

Finally found time to do this work. Can I clarify that you mean the content of the functions.php file above should be added to my existing functions.php file? I am not using a child theme.

Thanks and regards.

Wendy

Wendy
    Participant

I forgot to add that my theme’s functions.php has a warning at the top not to edit it any way. I am using the Responsive theme.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Wendy,

I Updated the snippet, now it will work better with your theme.

What you should do is the following:

1. Save this file to wp-content/plugins/plugin-tec-945349.php
    2. Go to your administration and Activate the plugin “The Events Calendar: Snippet 945349
    3. Place the contents of this template on /[your-theme]/tribe-events/month/tooltip.php
    4. Place the contents of this template on /[your-theme]/tribe-events/pro/week/tooltip.php

If there are any errors, please copy the output and paste it here so that I can debug it with you.

My Best Regards,

Wendy
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Add Organizer, Venue and Price info to tooltips in Week and Month view’ is closed to new replies.