Help Desk

Calendar of events with custom notifications

We want to use your calendar plugin in a very unique way and im hoping that you can help steer us in the right direction as to which bundle or plugin we should buy and manipulate.

Back story: We’re a fitness company who is offering classes online.

We want to do a few things with your calendar.
    1. Have users subscribe to a category of events. We have over 20 classes that start at a certain day and time and go for a few weeks, we want them to be able to add this event category to their calendar. One event calendar could be a 6 week program called yoga, or cardio.
    2. We want to add the “tasks” they should be doing on that day. I.E ‘ Today you will run 1 mile, do 5 push ups and 5 sit ups’
    3. We want to add “hidden” tasks that they cant see but are really just for the admin or us. I.E. a hidden task could be “you didnt log your exercise today in the custom field” or you didnt login today. These hidden events could be system generated and set a certain time so a custom templated email could be sent at the start of this event.
    4. Send custom email templates whenever we decide to schedule them for an event or category.

Im pretty sure this can be done easily but wanted to get your thoughts to this as to how we should proceed or steer us in the right direction.

Thanks!

Hi Marty,

Thanks for checking out our plugins!

Currently the only subscription functionality that we have built-in would be via RSS. This article has some more information on how this works. However, users can export events (single events or other calendar views) manually. Events Calendar Pro does come with shortcodes that allow you to display full calendar views filtered by category, so using this method, users could export events of a certain category. Additionally, there are category pages that list all upcoming events.

Pro also comes with the ability to add custom fields that you could use to list out tasks on events. If you wanted to hide some of them, this would require a customization. Our themer’s guide is the place to start if you would like to give this a shot, and this article has a snippet that you can use as a starting point. Please note that while purchasing any of our premium add-ons does include premium support, we are limited in the amount of support that we can provide for customizations.

Email functionality is not a feature of Pro – Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus will send users an email with their tickets when they register for an event, but I’m afraid that this is really the extent of email functionality. However, you might be able to get some custom emails set up with a third-party plugin. I did a quick search and found the Email Subscribers and Newsletters plugin, but you would need to test it out to make sure it will work the way you want it to.

We do offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase, so if you’d like to take Events Calendar Pro or any of our other premium add-ons for a test run, feel free to do so! Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

The topic ‘Calendar of events with custom notifications’ is closed to new replies.