Calendar not showing on first click, but appears on second

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar not showing on first click, but appears on second

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Carole
    Participant

Hi,
    I have Events Calendar Pro installed on this site: vvamigos.org
    We have a lot of events – up to 20 per day – and all are recurring. Everything was working fine (aside from slow loading, and the week view being messed up), and I turned it over to my client so they could edit events. Not sure what happened, but over the weekend, when we clicked on Calendar of Events, we got this message:
    Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    I guessed that this was a timing issue, and changed the monthly calendar view from 20 per day to 10 per day. It seemed to fix the issue. But now, when anyone first logs onto the site, and clicks “Calendar of Events” in the site menu, only the header and menu show up, not the calendar. When one clicks on the menu tab “Calendar of Events” a second time, the month view appears. We have a large event scheduled for Thursday, where we are rolling out this site to an entire retirement community. I have to have this fixed. Please help! Thank you.

Geoff B.

Good evening Carole and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the few issues you have been dealing with, especially the error 500.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Secondly, in regards to the error 500, this is typically caused by a corrupted .htaccess file (perhaps one of the plugins is attempting to rewrite the file in question).

In any case, could you please include a copy (in a zip file) of the .htaccess file of your site ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Carole
    Participant

This reply is private.

Carole
    Participant

This reply is private.

Carole
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Carole Anne,

Thank you for sharing the system information and for the .htaccess file.

Let me apologize for the delay as I understand that this a super important issue for you.
    However, please note that based on our support policy, we typically try to answer once every 24 hours during business days.

Thank you for your understanding.

That being said, I took a careful look at your system information and your .htaccess file.

I am noticing that you are using W3 Total Cache.
    This is a great plugin, but for some unknown reason, on certain webhosts with certain website configurations it tends to create error 500s.

As a first measure, I would suggest replacing the .htaccess file’s content with the standard basic WordPress content as suggested here: https://codex.wordpress.org/htaccess

Let me know if that solves the issue.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Carole
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Carole
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Hey Carole Anne,

I’m stoked to hear you managed to sort everything out.
    Kudos on all the extra hard work you have put in.

I wish you the best of success!

You are welcome back on our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar not showing on first click, but appears on second’ is closed to new replies.