Calendar linking to blog feed?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar linking to blog feed?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    highlightstudios
    Participant

Hi Modern Tribe!

Fantastic plug-in! I’ve been using it for over a year and haven’t had any problems but last night something came up that I don’t know how to fix.

Issue: I haven’t made any changes to my existing settings but just went in last night and added about 30 events to the calendar. Now it is linking to a blog page that I didn’t direct it to and saying it can’t be found? Please help! I just want it to link back to my original calendar page.

Thank you!
    Taylor

Barry

Hi Taylor,

Glad you’re enjoying the plugin (though of course it is disappointing to hear you are hitting difficulties).

That’s a really odd problem – it almost seems as if The Events Calendar has, perhaps inadvertently, been deactivated – yet the fact that you just added a bunch of events would seem  to contradict that.

• Can you confirm that The Events Calendar is still activated and you still see the Events menu in the admin environment?
    • Can you try flushing permalinks (just visit Settings → Permalinks, you don’t need to change anything)
    • If none of those help, can you run through our standard troubleshooting steps?

Let me know how you get on!

highlightstudios
    Participant

Hi Barry,

I can confirm that the plugin is active, I see the Events menu on the left side and I just reset the permalinks.

I went through the troubleshooting steps and I’m still seeing that error.. any other thoughts on what it may be? I appreciate the help getting it working again!

Thank you!

Barry

That’s really odd.

So nothing else changed, apart from adding those additional events?

I don’t want to cause further disruption to your live site, so I wonder if you could create a test site in the same hosting environment (within a subdirectory) and test if you can access the events pages with only our plugins and a default theme running.

Assuming that works, try the troubleshooting steps in reverse – add the exact same plugins and theme as you have on your live site and see if the problem is reintroduced.

Though it seems like a duplication of my previous request, sometimes coming at it from this slightly different angle produces useful information 🙂

highlightstudios
    Participant

Hi Barry,

I’ll be honest, creating a test site and all that, it’s probably above my skill set at this point. I am just working on the website for our local church and when the calendar function went down they called me. I am the one who purchased the plugin but unfortunately my knowledge of troubleshooting is limited.

Is there anything else I can do to see what the problem may be?

Barry

OK, so on taking another look at your site I see the month and list views still function as expected (ie, if you navigate directly to …/calendar/month/ or …/calendar/list/ and/or if you switch between those views using the view selector).

So everything except the default main events URL of /calendar/ seems to be working.

I guess that means one short and easy fix is simply to change the menu so that the calendar link takes visitors directly to either month or list view, though it isn’t ideal as any links to view all events will return them to the site of the problem.

Could it be you or someone else has created an actual WordPress page that also has the slug “calendar”? If so, could that be deleted (and the trash emptied), a further flush of permalinks be conducted and see if the problem has been resolved?

Failing that, can you review Events → Settings → Display – just make sure everything is shipshape and that the default view and so on is what you want, and re-save the page.

Does that get us any further?

highlightstudios
    Participant

Hi Barry,

I went ahead and changed the URL so the calendar can be live so that helps me with it being a live page people need to see.

However I tried checking the pages, permalinks, and settings and all of them seem to be as you would need them to be. I’m at a loss.. but what we have now is a semi work around so thank you for suggesting that!

Barry

Definitely, glad to be of some help even if it isn’t the perfect solution.

I think to drive this forward – at least without impacting on the live site – we’d really need to follow the test site steps described in my second reply. I realize you’re not too keen on doing that just yet but, if and when you’re ready, that would be my next recommendation 🙂

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar linking to blog feed?’ is closed to new replies.