Calendar & Filter Bar Width

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar & Filter Bar Width

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Neil Duckett
    Participant

Prior to a recent update the banners i display before and after my calendar were the same width, but since an upgrade …. about a month ago? the calendar and filter bar, plus when i’m in an event are all considerably wider.

It’s not a big issue on mobile or tablet, but on a wide screen or most PC’s the individual events are skewed considerably to the left …. made more obvious now the layout is much wider.

Is there a setting i’m missing or a snippet of code i can add to reduce the overall width back to what it was (inline with the limits of my banners) or at the very least centre align the individual event content so it looks cleaner – without editing each?

Thanks.

Courtney

Hello Neil

I am not sure what might’ve caused the change in views. Did your theme happen to have an update during that same timeframe? Does this happen on other posts (not events)?

Our Testing for Conflicts Guide https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/ is a good place to start.  I am wondering if you might have a plugin or theme conflict.  Begin by deactivating all other plugins, using a theme such as Twenty Seventeen https://wordpress.org/themes/twentyseventeen/, and see if the issue still persists. Also, double check for any other updates available (Dashboard » Updates). 

Another solution would be to force the images you already have to fill the width that the page displays in:

Can you add the following code to your child theme, or in Appearance » Customize » Additional CSS?
    .post-thumbnail img, img.size-full, img.size-large {
    width: 100% !important;
    }

Let me know if you find the source of conflict or if the CSS code helps.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Neil Duckett
    Participant

Thanks Courtney, I’ll review the theme, I don’t want to force the images to be bigger again.

Courtney

Thanks Neil. Keep us posted on what you find.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar & Filter Bar Width’ is closed to new replies.