Buy Now and Sold Out not showing in list view on the day of the event.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Buy Now and Sold Out not showing in list view on the day of the event.

• This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by djrs.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    djrs
    Participant

Hello,

Whenever we’re on the day of an event the ‘Buy Now’ button or the ‘Sold Out’ message disappear from the summary of the event in the list view of events.

Specifically on https://siliconvalleycurling.com/events/learn-to-curl/
    Up until the day of the event the button or message appear. As soon as we roll around to the day of the event both of these disappear from this view. We’ve confirmed this two weeks in a row. These are stand alone ticketed event.s

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi djrs,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums!

I’m sorry to hear about the issue with the buttons disappearing. I would love to help you solve that.

When the tickets are set up please check under the advanced tab what is the End Sale date and whether based on that the ticket should still be on sale or not. (screenshot)

I see that you are in the LA timezone which is -8 hours from UTC. Sometimes we have timezone issues, so please also check if maybe the tickets are disappearing exactly 8 hours before the event starts even if the sale date / time is the same as the event start date.

To give you an example on this latter:

• Event starts at 9pm
    • ticket sale ends at 9pm
    • tickets disappear at 1pm

This can indicate a timezone interference.

Please also let me know what is your timezone setting under Events > Settings > General tab. Is it set to ‘local’ or ‘sitewide’?

Thanks and looking forward to helping you solve this.

Cheers,
    Andras

djrs
    Participant

Hi Andras,

Thanks for trying to give us a hand here.

When the tickets are set up please check under the advanced tab what is the End Sale date and whether based on that the ticket should still be on sale or not.

I’ve checked this and we’re using the default end-sale timing which is the same time as the end of the event.

I see that you are in the LA timezone which is -8 hours from UTC. Sometimes we have timezone issues, so please also check if maybe the tickets are disappearing exactly 8 hours before the event starts even if the sale date / time is the same as the event start date.

To give you an example on this latter:

Event starts at 9pm
    ticket sale ends at 9pm
    tickets disappear at 1pm
    This can indicate a timezone interference.

It doesn’t look like this is the case.
    We took a look at our event for today at 9:15PM (Pacific or America/Los_Angeles, depending on how you want to label it). The List view of events lost its button well before the UTC offset for this timezone (which if I recall correctly is 7 or 8 hours depending on DST).

see: Screenshot of page with time

Please also let me know what is your timezone setting under Events > Settings > General tab. Is it set to ‘local’ or ‘sitewide’?

It’s currently set to “use the local timezones for each event”.

I’ve tried switching it over to “sitewide” and the problem persists.

It seems as though the logic for the event list view that’s deciding whether to show the Buy Now and Sold Out button/label is relying on only the date instead of date+time.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi djrs,

So it seems that happens with all the events.

Could you send me a full database dump of your site so I can dig into it a bit?

You might not be able to upload it here. In that case you can share it via any cloud service and paste the link here in a private reply.

Also please note that email attachments don’t come through to the forums. I would kindly like to ask you to log in and upload them here directly.

Thanks!

Andras

djrs
    Participant

Could you let me know how you’d like a full database dump of the site? Do you have any good steps for completing that?

Either way it seems like somehow the entire section that displays the event ticket quantity and buy button disappears on the date of the event. Specifically I think it’s either ‘tribe_events_inside_cost’, or ‘tribe_tickets_buy_button’ that’s causing the issue.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi djrs,

Sorry for the delayed reply. We just got back from our retreat and we’re catching up as fast as we can.

There are several ways to go about the export.

Before you do so, please try to go through our conflict testing guide to make sure that it is not caused by any misbehaving plugin or theme / theme modification.

Cheers,
    Andras

djrs
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Buy Now and Sold Out not showing in list view on the day of the event.’ is closed to new replies.