Buttons not working while editing an event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Buttons not working while editing an event

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jamie Johannsen
    Participant

I am currently on version 4.6.1 of wordpress and 4.3.1.1 of both Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro. When I attempt to edit an event, clicking on Add Media, Add Form, Visual or Text. The button has the visual that it’s being clicked, but it isn’t doing anything.

I’ve tested the same buttons in other areas (posts, pages) and it works correctly. I’ve also reinstalled the WordPress files as well as each of the plugins, but the problem is persisting. Any ideas?

PS- I tried to click the Copy to Clipboard button for the system information requested and it isn’t working either. I had to manually copy and paste it in.

Geoff B.

Good evening Jamie and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the various buttons not responding.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

It sounds like you have a conflict going on (either with a plugin of with your theme).

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure (preferably in a staging/dev environment or local install of your WordPress website) and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1. Make a backup of your database
    2. Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Jamie Johannsen
    Participant

Geoff,

I’ve gone through that guide, but the issue never goes away. After clearing the cache, with theme reverted to 2014 (which has been updated to the most recent version) and turning off all plugins except The Events Calendar (I even shut off the The Events Calendar Pro for testing), and I still cannot click on the “Text” (or “Visual” depending on which is selected). Any further troubleshooting steps are appreciated.

Jamie Johannsen
    Participant

Geoff,

After some investigation in a different browser, it appears as thought The Events Calendar files are being called via HTTP instead of HTTPS. Because of this, the scripts are being blocked. If I explicitly allow unsecured files, then the tabs work as expected. Here is an example of one of the errors:

SEC7111: HTTPS security is compromised by http://winnebagoforest.org/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/resources/js/admin-ignored-events.min.js?ver=4.3.1.1
    File: post.php

Please advise.

Geoff B.

Good evening Jamie,

First of all, I want to apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue.
    This has been reported as a bug which is one of our top priorities.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date at this point. But stay tuned, you will be contacted when the fix is released.

With that in mind, the only known workarounds for now are:

1. Allow http content to be displayed
    2. Downgrade back to the last version before 4.3 : https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/downgrading-plugin-past-version/

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Jamie Johannsen
    Participant

Thanks Geoff. Should I flag this post as resolved then, or wait until the fix it out?

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Jamie,

Thank you for writing back.

That’s a great question. I will change the status to “pending fix”.

As promised, you will be advised as soon as a fix is out.

Thank you for your understanding.

Have a good week-end,

Geoff B.

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to inform you that we’ve just published a series of updates to our products that fixes a number of issues.

These updates should include fixes for the problems reported here, where our plugins’ scripts and stylesheets were being served over HTTP when they should’ve been served over HTTPS, or vice versa.

Learn more about this release—version 4.3.3—in the official release notes here → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-3-3-event-tickets-4-3-3-premium-plugins/

Thanks for your patience in waiting for a fix!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Buttons not working while editing an event’ is closed to new replies.