bumpdown.min.js issue?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO bumpdown.min.js issue?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Scott Gillard
    Participant

I am having trouble getting the Community Tickets plugin set up. One of the issues seems to occur during the checkout process where i am unable to select/add/enter/or even see the Country and Province.

Chrome’s console shows me this:
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘$trigger’ of undefined
    at HTMLDocument.over (bumpdown.min.js?ver=4.4:1)
    at compare (plugins.js?ver=4.7.1:32)
    at plugins.js?ver=4.7.1:32
    over @ bumpdown.min.js?ver=4.4:1
    compare @ plugins.js?ver=4.7.1:32
    (anonymous) @ plugins.js?ver=4.7.1:32

Geoff B.

Good evening Scott and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about this error message creeping up on your page.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Actually, it seems like this error message is present on every single the Events Calendar related page.

As a first step, I would recommend downgrading both Community Events and Community Tickets to 4.3.2 and see if that makes a difference. You can read about that here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/downgrading-plugin-past-version/

If that doesn’t help out, by the sound of it, it looks like there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1. A conflict with another plugin
    2. A conflict with your WordPress theme
    3. A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure (preferably in a staging/dev environment or local install of your WordPress website) and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1. Make a backup of your database
    2. Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Scott Gillard
    Participant

Hey Geoff,

Thanks! I’ve encountered a little issue early in the process haha I can only download version 4.4 of Community Tickets. (see screenshot) I’ve version matched everything to December 20th, 2016. Is the community tickets download issue because I just purchased it?

S

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Scott Gillard
    Participant

The window for getting this working is gone. I have failed to get it up and running.

I tried to deactivate and delete every TEC plugin and install the Dec 20 versions but I couldn’t get it going that way. There was a warning about updating to the current versions and the ticket functionality wasn’t there.

I then went back to the current versions for all plugins and the warning to update was still present and the ticketing functionality still did not work. So I’m worse off than I was when we began.

Sadly, the event for which this test was put in place has to get their tickets online. So, I have run out of time.

I haven’t actually modified any TEC templates or anything so I am doubtful the problem was in any customization to templates, etc.. I use your software on multiple websites all with the same theme and the same plugins and have never had an issue. It’s just the Community Events Tickets plugin that seems to have a problem. I did revert to Twenty Sixteen to give it a try. But the issues very much seems to be with that one plugin. Unless the one ticket plugin can conflict with another plugin I can’t see the issue. I even removed some custom CSS as a shot-in-the-dark solution.

Since we won’t be able to proceed and the software didn’t work can I get a credit for the Community Tickets plugin? Or additional thoughts? Maybe I could try a test environment with a similar configuration and we can keep on truckin’?

I love the software, appreciate the support, and would love to get it working.
    S

Geoff B.

Good evening Scott,

First of all, I want to apologize for the delay answering.
    As it turns out, I absolutely had to be out of the office yesterday.

I realize the timing of this could not have been worst.

Secondly, I am truly sorry to hear that you missed the window of opportunity you had to fix this issue. I wish downgrading to the previous version would have done the trick (it usually does).

That being said, thank you for running these additional thorough tests.

I will gladly refund your Community Tickets license.

But before we do this (since this is your suggestion), there is indeed one last thing that would be worth a shot.

Full disclosure, we did have bumpdown error messages a few versions back, but it was not related to Community Tickets. It happened on servers that had certain specific SSL / https configuration that led to mixed content.

Since you do not seem to be using https (that I know of), I doubt this is the case.

I would like to offer to try to reproduce this on my installation.

Could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your wp-content folder via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

My theory is that this might actually be related to the server type you are using (5.5.9-1ubuntu4.20).

In any case, we truly apologize for this very puzzling inconvenience.

Have a good weekend,

Geoff B.

Garrett
    Participant

Hey guys,

I am having a similar issue with bumpdown.min.js and have traced it to a theme conflict with borderland theme by elated themes.

That said, was there any fix for this?

I am also going to see if downgrading the plugin helps and report back here in case it’s helpful to your Dev team at all

Geoff B.

Good evening Garrett,

Thank you for chiming in.

I would totally recommend opening up a separate thread on that to ensure you get personalized support (and to make sure Scott does not get notified every time we communicate on this).

But, in general you are on the right path. Some good next steps include:

1. Downgrading our plugins until they work with your theme
    2. Trying to look for an upgrade of that theme that reflects our plugin’s changes
    3. Looking for any /tribe-events/ folder in your theme’s files and renaming that folder /z_tribe-events/ to see if that solves the issue.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘bumpdown.min.js issue?’ is closed to new replies.