Bug in Weekly Exclusion

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Bug in Weekly Exclusion

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ryan
    Participant

I’ve noticed some unpredictable behaviour with the Weekly exclusion checkboxes. Please see attached screenshots … my event is supposed to recur weekly on Monday, Wedesday, and Friday (with the exception of two holidays).

The result is that the event shows up on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. See attached screenshots.

(and as long as we’re talking, the labels for the checkboxes should either be closer to the checkboxes, or on the left side of them instead of on the right side. I always have to think carefully about which day’s box I’m checking.)

– Ryan

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Ryan and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us and for your suggestions.

We are sorry to hear about the unpredictable behaviour of the weekly exclusion for recurring events.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

With that in mind, I am unfortunately unable to see the said screenshots.

That means that short term I am unable to reproduce the issue.
    Perhaps you could said a link to a Dropbox or Google Drive .zip file ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Ryan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Hey Ryan,

Thank you for providing the information requested.

I ran several tests and I was able to reproduce the issue.

There seems to be a glitch with recurrence rules while using UTC format timezones.

This a legitimate bug for which I have opened a bug ticket.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date for a fix at this point. But you will be contacted as soon as there is one.

In the meantime, you could switch to the Toronto timezone for your events and perhaps in your WordPress settings and the Events Calendar settings.

This resolve the issue.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Geoff

Hey there, just a heads up that we released Events Calendar PRO 4.2.5 moments ago and it included a fix for this issue. Please do update when you have the chance and definitely let us know if you continue to have any issues at all.

Thanks so much for reporting this and for your patience while we worked on a fix.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Bug in Weekly Exclusion’ is closed to new replies.