BuddyPress integration, including Register interest button

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions BuddyPress integration, including Register interest button

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Luke Miller

Hi

Does either the Free or Pro version provide functionality that will allow BuddyPress members to click on a ‘Register interest’ button on an event so that their name is added to a ‘Who’s interested’ list, please?

Many thanks
    Luke Miller

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your interest in our plugins!

We don’t have any specific integration built for BuddyPress but there are no known conflicts between the plugins, so they should work smoothly alongside. There’s a third-party plugin that integrates The Events Calendar with BuddyPress → https://wplift.com/plugin/buddypress-events-calendar.

Basically I’d say you need to test this out for yourself, while we don’t have a trial period, you can go ahead and purchase the products for testing. If you decide they are not what you are looking for, you can ask for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. For more information take a look at our refund policy.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Luke Miller

Thanks Jeremy for your help.

I’ve completed a full review of the plugins BP Events Calendar, Event Tickets and The Events Calendar and constructed approx 80% of the functionality I need with your out-of-the-box features. Could you please advise me on which of your premium plugins I would need for the following functionality:

1. Specify the price for a single event – I’m using the RSVP feature. All events currently default to FREE, and I can’t find a way to change it
    2. On the RSVP feature I need it to default to 1, instead of zero, and ideally prevent users from changing it, as the intention is simply to allow them to ‘Express Interest’ without the need to book
    3. I need to add more custom fields to the Events
    4. Add filters to the Events list page, with the ability to filter by Events Categories and other checkbox items
    5. Display a list of attendees (AKA people that have provided a RSVP) on the single Event page template
    6. Access an endpoint via the REST API that allows auth users to RSVP/cancel-RSVP to an event via an iOS/Android mobile app
    7. Access an endpoint that lists all Events that a single user has provided a RSVP for
    8. Access an endpoint that lists all Event Cats

You can view the prototype I’ve created so far at https://qep.vatestserver.com/

I look forward to receiving your feedback.

Luke

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Luke,

I’m glad you already managed to build about 80% of the functionality you needed with our plugins 🙂 Thank you for sharing your prototype by the way.

To answer your questions:

1. You should be able to set a price for an Event thanks to Event Tickets (be sure Tribe Commerce is enable in the settings). You could also upgrade to Event Tickets Plus to use your favorite e-commerce provider and sell tickets directly through your WordPress site using WooCommerce or Easy Digital Downloads.
    2. By default, RSVP is set to 0, and to change that, you would need to do some customization to our plugin.
    3. You could easily create additional fields with Events Calendar PRO.
    4. You could add filters to the Events list page thanks to our Filter Bar plugin.
    5. You can use a shortcode to display a list of attendees.
    6. The documentation about our REST API is here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/introduction-events-calendar-rest-api/
    7. cf 6.
    8. cf 6.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Luke Miller

Thanks you for the very helpful information Jeremy.

I think there may have been a mis-understanding on item 5 ‘Display a list of attendees (AKA people that have provided a RSVP) on the single Event page template’. The link you provided if for ‘Display a List of Attendee’s Events’, which I have working already on the profile page for registered users.

The information I was hoping you could help with before a make a final decision on which WordPress events plugin to buy is:

1. On the single Event page, e.g. https://qep.vatestserver.com/event/the-big-bang/
    2. How do I display the names, plus other user profile data, of registered users that have provided a RSVP for the event?

The content for this section of the single Event post would look something like:

Who’s Interested

Attendee #1: avatar
    first_name last_name

Attendee #2: avatar
    first_name last_name

Attendee #3: avatar
    first_name last_name

Etc”

It looks like the premium plugins I’ll need include:

• Event Tickets Plus
    • Events Calendar PRO
    • Filter Bar

Many thanks, again
    Luke

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Luke,

I’m sorry I misunderstood your question!

Yes, it is possible to display the list of attendees on the front-end of the Event single page. It’s actually easy to do so, you just need to check the Show attendees list on event page checkbox in the ticket settings (cf the documentation here).

So I can confirm, given your needs, you would need the following premium plugins:

• Event Tickets Plus
    • Events Calendar PRO
    • Filter Bar

Please let me know if you have further questions 🙂

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘BuddyPress integration, including Register interest button’ is closed to new replies.