Black Screen on Events Page

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Black Screen on Events Page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Quaetapo

Hi, I’m looking to use The Events Calendar on our site and I’m have some initial teething challenges.

The primary one at this stage is that I get a black screen when I go to the default event page (https://achieveaustralia.org.au/calendar/).

Also, do you support Visual Composer so that I can simply insert elements into pages?

Thanks,
    Quaetapo

Barry

Hi Quaetapo,

Thanks for reaching out 🙂

We don’t actually provide technical support here in the pre-sales forum (though of course will be happy to help over on our Help Desk when you buy a license key. You can also seek help from the community over on our wordpress.org forums.

In the first instance, though, I’d recommend getting started by following our standard troubleshooting steps:

theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts

Hopefully this will help you to identify the source of the conflict 🙂

Quaetapo

Hi Barry,

Thanks for getting back to me. I’m not sure we have the capacity to invest in the product if we’re not comfortable that it will work and while I understand the need to isolate using the conflict tests you recommend, this is onerous for our resources. So I guess we’ll need to look at options that just work.

That said, I have reached out to our theme developers to see if they might have some suggestions; but I am limited to getting the right technical assistance from those who know, such as yourselves.

Regards,
    Quaetapo

Barry

I fully understand that, but from our perspective it is also difficult to troubleshoot a remote platform that we do not have access to and for which we have only limited knowledge (in terms of the installed theme and plugins) and those steps are often the best way to figure out what’s going wrong.

I’m unsure what sort of hosting arrangements you are using, but if it is CPanel-based it’s really pretty fast and easy to install a fresh copy of WordPress in a subdirectory and troubleshoot there (and you could begin by simply installing The Events Calendar, confirm it works, and proceed from there) 🙂

At any rate, I do appreciate you following up and hope your devs can suggest something here.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Black Screen on Events Page’ is closed to new replies.