Big bug when trying to import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Big bug when trying to import

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Adage
    Participant

Hello,
    I want to import events with the facebook importer but the plugin crashes my site ever since there are more than 5 Facebook pages to look for events on : 504 Gateway Time-out
    I need to watch about 30 pages… so please tell me how to correct that bug.
    Thank you.

Hunter

Hi and thank you for posting,

Can you send over your System Information as a private reply?

We have a bug logged focused on improving how the plugin handles large imports. I’ve attached this thread to the bug report for the developers to reference when working towards a resolution.

Thanks again for reaching out and have a great rest of the day.

Adage
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Hello,

Thank you for sharing that information with me. As previously mentioned, hang tight while our developers work towards a resolution and keep an eye on your wp-admin and theeventscalendar.com for maintenance release information. Have a good weekend and thanks for choosing PRO 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Geoff

Hey @Adage,

Great news! After a lot of work and effort, we were able to make release what we believe is a great solution for the issue of events not importing from Facebook due to timeout limitations.

Since this thread was opened, not only has Facebook updated it API, but we have developed a new product called Event Aggregator that is fully compatible with it and overcomes the importing issues that Facebook Events encountered. In particular, Event Aggregator is not a plugin, but a service that is already available in The Events Calendar 4.3 and, when purchasing a license to activate it, it uses the power of our servers here at Modern Tribe to handle much larger imports than Facebook Events ever could running on a typical shared server.

Event Aggregator is now available and you should even have a complimentary license for it if you already have an active Facebook Events license to help you make the switch.

In addition, we’ve put together a handy guide that outlines best practices for importing events using Event Aggregator to help get the most out of your imports:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/plugin/event-aggregator/

Thanks so much for your patience while we worked on this. We know it has been a long-running item everyone’s wishlist and we couldn’t be more excited to finally get it into your hands.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Big bug when trying to import’ is closed to new replies.