Better layout for multiple events in the same day, same time range

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Better layout for multiple events in the same day, same time range

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rob

Hi,

For our organization, we have 3 days per week on which all the events happen, in a span of 4 hours or so. i.e., the events are all bunched up in the calendar. Events Calendar Pro appears to do all the features we need, except displaying these events nicely on the weekly view. I would like it to look like this uploaded image, however, from what I see on your demo site, the events overlap and are hard to read and differentiate. So my question is whether there’s a better way for me to customize the UI or are there any improvements in your pipeline that would affect this feature?

Regards,
    Rob

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

Thanks for checking out our plugins!

You are not the first user to ask about improving the week view. We do have an open feature request for this that I would recommend casting your vote on. These requests help us gauge user interest in new features and help guide future development efforts, and it also helps keep you in the loop as we post updates on these requests.

We also recently added some new CSS classes to allow users to more easily customize the week view. If you’d like to test it out, we do offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase, so feel free to do so!

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Rob

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for the response. I will weigh in on the referenced post once I’m a registered user. Is it possible to send me a screenshot of what sample output looks like using the new CSS classes?

Regards,
    Rob

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

The new classes actually don’t apply any styling themselves. They are there to make it easier for users to customize the view if they would like to do so. You can test them out on the demo site using your browser’s Inspector (Chrome will probably work best for this).

I accidentally gave you the wrong link initially for the feature request (that link does have more information on the classes however). This is the link to the request that you can vote on.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Rob

OK, thanks. This thread gave me the full details of the CSS to use. I played with it a little on your demo page. I will try it on my own stuff by also altering the width of the box that surrounds the event, as well as the font of the event’s text and it might accomplish what I’m looking for.

Regards,
    Rob

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Great! Let us know how it goes and if you come up with any other questions!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Better layout for multiple events in the same day, same time range’ is closed to new replies.