Barcode Scanning

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Barcode Scanning

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    onlinecreative
    Participant

Hi guys,

We have an event coming up on 10th Jan with 700 Attendees, most of which have purchased tickets via Event Tickets Plus on our client’s site.

Upon testing the barcode scanning process, we saw that there was no notification if a ticket had been already checked in or cancelled. I checked the support forum and saw that this has been acknowledged as a bug on 11 Dec 2015 and that you guys were working on a bug fix. Here is the support thread regarding this:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/qr-code-notice-the-ticket-id-xxx-was-checked-in/

I’m wondering if there is an update on the ETA for this bugfix to be released?

As you can understand, this is a large event and we used Event Tickets Plus with the knowledge that we would be able to scan tickets to check attendees in. Without this bug-fix, this will become a potentially cumbersome and time consuming check-in process. We would hope to be able to use this successfully on the night of the event.

Many thanks

Richard

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Richard,

I really appreciate where you’re at. I can see how having to manually look for cancelled tickets or folks who were already checked in will be a pain.

I want be really open about where we’re at as well. We do not have a fix for this yet, and definitely will not have one in time for the weekend. Our QR scanning feature is still pretty young, and like many young features it needs some time before it will be a full fledged solution. We are keenly interested in fleshing it out, but this will take a few more months of time.

I’m sorry for the position this has put you in. Since it sounds like the QR app might not be what you’re looking for, I want to offer you a full refund if that is your preferred route. And if you want to you could check back in a few months and see if the scanner will then meet your needs.

Please do let me know if you have any followup questions. Does that answer your question?

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Barcode Scanning’ is closed to new replies.