Bad Event / Bad SQL

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Bad Event / Bad SQL

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

BI, this is a continuation of an issue that was previously solved by Brook. The solution was to run a sql that deleted our bad events. It worked perfectly, then. But we are having the issue again and the sql statement that he gave us previously is failing now (did the db structure change with the latest version?).

Here is the previous post:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/cant-load-may-calendar/#post-1100006

Can we get an updated sql statement that would successfully erase the bad events in our db?

Thanks!

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy again!

I gotta be honest,I’m not sure why the query is not working for you now. But I did streamline that query into a miniature plugin/tool a little bit back. Perhaps the plugin will work better than directly running the query? It does support various server configurations better.

Could you download, install, and activate this: tribe-extension-recurring-cleanup Then go to WP Admin > Tools. You will see a new tool listed there that allows you to type in an event ID and clears its children.recurring-cleanup-tool-ui

Does that work better?

Mind if I ask what events you are trying to delete this time? Is it a new one with a lot recurrences?

Cheers!

– Brook

It does. Thank you for this.

Oh, and the events are new since the last time we had the issue. It seems like a bug that springs up every once in a while. This tool will make it easier to handle if it happens again. Thanks for the help.

Brook
    Participant

Good to know! I will keep my ear to the ground for any further reports of this. We actually have not seen any duplicate recurrences since the 4.2.2.1 update. But if more people are hitting this and share their system info, we can search for a common thread.

Thanks for getting back Win-River!

– Brook

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Bad Event / Bad SQL’ is closed to new replies.