Available RSVP's showing incorrectly

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Available RSVP's showing incorrectly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    JENNIFER DEVINE
    Participant

Hello,

I have set up an event that has a non shared capacity of 70 RSVP’s. I currently have 23 open spots which shows correctly but on the list view it shows the the event is sold out. When in the admin side viewing the rsvp information it shows that the available amount is 0. I checked the ticket information in the database and the _stock value is showing 23. Please let me know what i’d need to update to show the RSVP available correctly on the admin side and also in the list view on the front end.

Thank you

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jennifer!

Thanks for reaching out to us! Let me help you with that issue.

I can see you are using older versions of our plugins, so first please make sure you are using the latest versions of our plugins to see if any difference. Remember you can always download our plugins from your downloads page > https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/

We always suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can test things out and make all plugins, theme and WordPress core updates without disrupting the live site.

Please let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

JENNIFER DEVINE
    Participant

Hi Victor,

I have a local environment setup that I tested the updated version of the plugin and I am still receiving the same issue. The available seats remaining for the event still shows incorrectly after updating the plugin. Unfortunately this did not fix the error.

I look forward to hearing from you with regards to next steps.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jennifer!

Thanks for testing that out.

First, Could you please share with us your system information by following this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/? We’ll see if there is anything strange that would indicate an error from there.

I’m not able to reproduce the same on my own installation, which indicates there might be some conflict with your site specifically.

Could you please share with us, in a private reply if you’d like, a screenshot of the attendees list for that event?

What happens if you edit the ticket from the admin and save it again? Does it change anything?

Additionally, I see you have tried the following:

• Deactivated all other plugins? Yes
    • Switched to a default theme? Yes

Did you happen to notice a difference when deactivating all other plugins or switching to a default WordPress theme, like Twenty Seventeen? What happens if you try deactivating all plugins and switching to the Twenty Seventeen theme together? Do you notice a difference then?

If you see no difference in those conditions, then we’ll need to do some deeper troubleshooting.

Please let us know about that.

Thanks,
    Victor

JENNIFER DEVINE
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jennifer!

Thanks for coming back with your system information. It seems the screenshot didn’t go through though.

I can see that you have updated from Event Tickets 4.6.3 to 4.7.2. In version 4.6.3 there was a bug that would allow RSVPs from being changed from “not going” to “going” and doing so would result in the ticket capacity being exceeded.

I suspect you could have been affected by that issue somehow. Even after updating to the latest versions of Event Tickets won’t fix the capacity for events that were already affected by that issue.

The next thing I would like to try here is creating a new test event in your stating site:

• Deactivate all other plugins except The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus
    • Please switch to a default theme
    • Create a test event with an RSVP ticket in it and make some RSVPs and try to change Not Going to Going to see how it affects the ticket capacity.
    • Can you replicate the same problem?

If you find you can replicate the problem under these conditions it would be awesome if you could stop and let us know so we can take a look while the site is still running under default conditions.

Thanks for your help while we work on this together!

Best,
    Victor

JENNIFER DEVINE
    Participant

Hi Victor,

I was able to recreate the issue by increasing the capacity of the event. By doing so the event now shows as sold out. The correct capacity is shown in the database tables but when on the front end the event shows as sold out. When editing the event in the admin section the remaining capacity also shows as zero there. Its like the values in the database (which are correct) are being completely ignored.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

JENNIFER DEVINE
    Participant

HI Victor,

The error only occurs when you change an event that has already been created and exists. New events with the initial capacity set work just fine until you attempt to change the original capacity. I have had the debug turned on but there are no errors being generated when going through the process of editing the event. The database contains personal information obtained from the attendees and users at the moment. I have checked the data available in the database and is is correct there. Its just not being pulled correctly from the database and I am not sure where to start looking.

Thanks,

Rufaro

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Rufaro!

Thanks for your help and patience so far.

We have some other users reporting the same with their tickets capacity and we have already logged a report to further investigate this issue.

I will set this thread’s status to “Pending fix” and link it to the report. This way, we will notify you once a fix is released in one of our next maintenance releases of our plugins.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Thanks,
    Victor

JENNIFER DEVINE
    Participant

Hi Victor,

I just wanted to follow up on this ticket to find out if there is any sort of timeline you could provide for when it may be resolved.

Regards,

Rufaro

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Rufaro,

Thanks for following up.

We can’t really commit to a date for a fix, but I’ve just checked the report and it’s been flagged of high priority and already scheduled to be addressed in our next maintenance release of Event Tickets, which should ship in about a month from now.

Thank you for your patience.

Best,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Rufaro!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-17-june-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

JENNIFER DEVINE
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Thank you for notifying me about this update. I was just reading through the release notes and did not see anything with regards to the capacity issue at all.

I have not setup a staging server yet to test the issue but would like to confirm that this issue has been addressed in this update before I proceed.

Thanks,

Rufaro

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Rufaro,

Thanks for following up.

Yes, it’s the first item in the changelog for Event Tickets 4.7.4 “Fix – Properly calculate existing stock for RSVPs.”

Testing in a staging environment is indeed suggested to make sure nothing else breaks for your site before updating it.

Please let us know how it goes and if any follow up question.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Available RSVP's showing incorrectly’ is closed to new replies.