Automatically Redirect Outdated Individual Event Page URLs

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Automatically Redirect Outdated Individual Event Page URLs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kenn
    Participant

Past event URLs are coming up as 404s on the site. Instead of having to manually create redirects, is there a way that the plugin can automatically redirect URLs for previous events to that event’s main page?

Example:

https://bird-in-hand.com/event/the-magic-wonder-show/2017-04-18/ would automatically redirect to the show’s main page of https://bird-in-hand.com/stage/the-magic-wonder-show-2/ (or where ever we wanted the redirect to go… that we could set it and forget it).

Thanks!

Shelby
    Participant

Hey there Kenn,

I’m happy to help you out here! 🙂

Lucky for you we have a knowledgebase article specifically dedicated to this issue. You can find that here. Please check it out and let me know if there’s anything further I can do to assist. 🙂

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Kenn
    Participant

That’s already the setting. Also, we want to get rid of old events… we simply want redirects to automatically be created once the event is outdated.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Kenn,

Thanks for clarifying!

Unfortunately, at this time, it’s not a built in option to auto redirect expired events, but this change could be made with some customization. I recommend checking out the following resources if you’d like to try making these changes yourself or to find someone to help out with this:

TEC Settings Overview (To check out the available options in the plugin)
    Themer’s Guide (Help for making the changes yourself)
    Customization Guide (Help finding help with making custom changes)

Best,
    Shelby 🙂

Kenn
    Participant

Thanks for the info. Is there a way to keep those events from 404ing? I’m not sure what setting is turned on that is forcing that to happen.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi again Kenn,

For sure! Check out our suggestions for resolving 404 errors here on this page, and let me know if none of these work, and we’ll work from there. 🙂

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Automatically Redirect Outdated Individual Event Page URLs’ is closed to new replies.