Automatically mark transaction as complete when rsvping and show attendees names

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Automatically mark transaction as complete when rsvping and show attendees names

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    stellaractive
    Participant

Two questions from my client:

Can we turn off the need for “Awaiting Review”? (see attached)
    Thanks,
    Sheila

Can you track down how we can get the attendees names to appear on the event pages?
    The software has a check box saying the attendees names will be listed, but I cannot get the names to show up. Without this I’m going to have to post every name every day on the site so that individual chairman can see who has signed up.
    Thanks,
    Sheila

Hi Shelia,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

You can have your orders automatically marked as complete by using the following snippet provided by WooCommerce:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/mark-orders-complete-automatically/

Please note that we cannot provide support related to this snippet, and if there are any issues, you should contact WooThemes.

In order to get attendees names to show up on your site, you can try adding this snippet to your child theme:

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/718af5da51046f60b92372d01804f433

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

stellaractive
    Participant

Thanks those worked. I have this other issue.

The calendar grid link, “View All 4 Events” (on Member Home grid calendar March 1, 2018) for dates with more than 3 listings, return the user to the current month and does not show list of events for the specified date. Note, this problem does not happen with the grid opened with the Calendar menu option — that one works fine.
    Can you fix the grid on the Member Home page?
    Thank you, Sheila

It’s on this page: https://www.gchouston.org/members-only/home and is displayed with this shortcode: [tribe_events tribe-bar=”false”]

Hi Shelia,

I’m glad to hear that we were able to resolve those two issues.

As far as your other issue goes, I cannot log in to your site, so I can’t see the issue in action.

However, as a first troubleshooting step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

stellaractive
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Shelia,

Unfortunately we cannot log in to your site per our Support Policy, but I will do my best to assist you here.

At this point, I’m not entirely sure why things are working on your calendar page, but not when you use a shortcode, which is why I suggested running through some conflict testing.  This way, we can rule out or find if some kind of theme, template, or plugin conflict is causing the issue.

Please let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions throughout the process!

Thanks,

Jaime

stellaractive
    Participant

Back to the original question, the attendees list worked on one event but not this one:

https://www.gchouston.org/event/conservation-field-trip-done-in-a-day/

I can see the list, in code, is trying to output but nothing renders inside the list items.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by stellaractive.

Hi Shelia,

I see the following attendee list show up on the link you sent me:

Is this what you are referring to, or is there additional functionality that you are expecting/seeing elsewhere?  Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

stellaractive
    Participant

That was added manually. The list from the plugin should appear under Who’s Attending 20 people are attending Conservation Field Trip – Done In A Day, see attached and inspect that area.

Hi Shelia,

You can try adding the snippet provided in the following forum post to help display the attendee list on the page with the shortcode:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/how-to-add-attendee-list-of-specific-event-to-a-page/

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Automatically mark transaction as complete when rsvping and show attendees names’ is closed to new replies.