Attendees View Mobile Search Freezes Site

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Attendees View Mobile Search Freezes Site

• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 1 month ago by ignitedbytruthadmin.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ignitedbytruthadmin
    Participant

Hi. We have an issue where the search filter on the attendees list locks up mobile browsers. It is taking minutes to even type one character in the search field. Mobile browsers become completely unresponsive for minutes at a time until everything seems “catch up”. Then typing the next character locks everything up again for a few minutes. Is it an ajax issue on mobile (both iOS and Android devices seem to have the problem.)?

Desktops don’t seem to have the issue, and can search pretty much instantaneously. So I think it’s specific to mobile.

As an example, we have staff logged into the admin side, navigating to Events. And then in the event list, they click the Attendees option under their desired event to get to the list. Since the mobile view doesn’t show the attendee name in the list view, our staff needs to be able to look up people by name, but the search lag is locking up their phone/tablet browsers. (We are also scanning QR codes, but a lot of people just walk up and asked to check in by name.)

We have a week until the next event with a over a thousand attendees to check in. Suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help!

Hunter

Hi and welcome back 🙂

Happy Friday and sorry to see you here under the circumstances. Before we go too much further, I noticed in your site System Information you have outdated versions of our plugins installed:

• Event Tickets Plus version 4.3.3 by Modern Tribe, Inc.(http://m.tri.be/28)
    • Event Tickets version 4.3.3 by Modern Tribe, Inc.(http://m.tri.be/28)
    • The Events Calendar PRO version 4.3.3 by Modern Tribe, Inc.(http://m.tri.be/20)

The latest version for all plugins listed above is 4.4.2. Can you please update them all, then review the Testing for conflicts guide to ensure there are no theme and/or plugins occurring.

If you still notice the issue, please test again and make sure WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG are enabled on your site’s wp-config.php file. Any errors will display at the top of your page as you try to reproduce the conflict. I also recommend right-clicking your mouse and opening the ‘Inspect’ tool to see if any errors display in the console. Note what you find and please include it in your reply.

Have a great weekend ahead!
    Cheers 🙂

mindshare
    Participant

We are experiencing the same issue. The attendee list works fine on a computer but an iPad will completely lockup when doing a search by name, order number or ticket number.

I was guessing it was related to the ajax search initiating on the first character typed and overloading the safari browser?

Would love to know if this is resolvable, I might dig into the ajax search function for attendee list and track down the issue but didn’t want to hack the plugin.

Thanks

Hunter

Hey mindshare,

Thank you for jumping in here with more information on the matter. As required by the forum rules, please create a separate topic for your issue. Doing so helps expedite the process all around. Thanks for understanding and I’ll keep an eye out for your thread.

Cheers 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Attendees View Mobile Search Freezes Site’ is closed to new replies.