Attendees List is missing purchaser name since 4.1 update

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Attendees List is missing purchaser name since 4.1 update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Joe Marsh
    Participant

Hi

Since updating to Event Tickets Plus 4.1, the attendees list for each event is now missing the name of the person who purchased the tickets – it used to be a separate column, but now it is completely gone, apart from a small reference to the purchase in the “Ticket Type” column. This makes the list pretty much unusable for door staff using a printed version of the list.

I recently posted a question asking if there was a way to alphabetically order the names on the attendees list, and the response was to use the export function and then manually sort the CSV file, however the Purchaser name has now gone from this as well.

Please can you let me know how to get this back? I can’t believe that this functionality has been completely removed as it’s one of the quickest and easiest ways to check people into events using a printed list, and without this ability it suddenly makes our entire site and ticket system unusable for us!

Many thanks

Joe

Carole Langman
    Participant

I too have the same question – will it be back?

barback
    Participant

This is vital!

Barry

Apologies for any inconvenience.

https://gist.github.com/barryhughes/3be509552be340039f8f

The above snippet, which you could add to a custom plugin or else to your theme’s functions.php file if you prefer, should provide you with purchaser name and email address columns in the CSV export data.

Does that help as an interim solution?

barback
    Participant

When I click the Export button I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function wc_get_order() in /home/frien397/public_html/wp-content/themes/yoo_master2_wp/functions.php on line 82

I am using ET Plus with EDD.

Barry

I do apologize @barback, it is indeed geared toward WooCommerce rather than EDD and I was primarily going off license information for the original poster in suggesting it (for that kind of reason, it’s best in general to create fresh support topics of your own).

Give me a few minutes though and I will see if I can create an alternative for EDD usage.

Barry
    Carole Langman
    Participant

Hi Barry, will you be bringing this feature back to the plugins anytime soon?

Joe Marsh
    Participant

Hi Barry

Thanks for that – definitely works as a temporary fix.

Is the customer name column going to make a return in a future update?

barback
    Participant

Thanks — the code snippet provided does get the needed columns in the CSV export for EDD.

Barry

@barback: glad that worked for you!

Is the customer name column going to make a return in a future update?

I expect so – and to that end a bug report has of course already been logged. What I am unfortunately unable to do is commit to a timeline for that fix, but we’ll do our best to update this topic to let you know when it’s available (and it will be detailed in the changelogs and on our blog at the appropriate time).

Thanks again to you all for your patience and understanding while we work on this issue.

Anthony
    Participant

I too just updated and saw it was removed from both the attendees page and the export function. I since reverted back to the prior version since it’s critical for client operation. Any chance you could confirm whether these fields will be back in a future update (both in the attendees page and also the export)? Fingers crossed!

Thanks as always for the killer products and support.

Cheers,
    Tony

Barry

Hi Tony,

It’s very likely they’ll be re-introduced – see my previous reply 🙂

In the meantime, downgrading as you have done or applying a suitable fix as detailed above (according to whether you are using WooCommerce or Easy Digital Downloads) are both solid courses of action.

Apologies again for the disruption.

Jennifer
    Participant

I am also having this issue. I added the first code snippet to my child theme’s functions.php file. It worked in that the EXPORT function now shows the email/name, but the view in the Admin panel does not. We’d like to be able to live-checkin our guests for an even this Friday. Is there a code snippet to add the name/email to the Attendees view in the Admin panel?

We really need this to come back in the Admin view. It’s super clunky to use now, was previously great.

Barry

Hi Jennifer!

The purchaser name and email should still be visible in the attendee screen – they’ve just changed location and now live in the Ticket Type column.

Is there a reason that doesn’t work for you or are you seeing something other than that?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Attendees List is missing purchaser name since 4.1 update’ is closed to new replies.