Attendees list hover does not work.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Attendees list hover does not work.

• This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Rob.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Rob
    Participant

Hello

We can see list of attendees who have already registered for event like this https://i.imgur.com/OeOdqAi.jpg

I remember when I used hover on it, I could see first and last name of attendee. Also “Load all attendees” don’t work too.

Again, it was working before but no more. Please let me know if you require any details.

Thanks
    Harsh

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Harsh!

Thanks for reaching out to us! Let me help you with that issue.

First, please make sure you are using the latest versions of our plugins. Remember you can always download our plugins from your downloads page > https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/

We have shipped a new maintenance release of our plugins yesterday that addressed many issues with Event Tickets and this might be related.

We always suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can test things out and make all plugins, theme and WordPress core updates without disrupting the live site.

Let me know if it works after the update.

Thanks,
    Victor

Rob
    Participant

Thanks for reply Victor.

I updated both event ticket related plugins to latest but still issue not solved.

Thanks

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Rob!

Thanks for following up with this.

After some tests I could reproduce the issue you are having for the “Load all attendees” not working. I have just logged a bug report for this so it can be addressed in one of our next maintenance releases.

I will set this thread’s status to “Pending fix” and link it to the report so we’ll notify you once a fix is shipped.

My apologies for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Regarding the “first and last name of attendee” not showing up, I don’t think that is the default behaviour. Could you please let me know if it was showing up for RSVP or purchased tickets? Were you customizing the WordPress get_avatar() function with any code snippet? Please let me know about it.

Best,
    Victor

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release —> https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-25-march-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Jaime

Rob
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Rob!

I’m sorry to hear that. Let me help you with this.

I’ve just tried on my end and the attendee list works fine.

Could you please make sure that the Show attendees list on event page setting is checked in your event settings?

If no change, then please try removing that snippet and see if any difference.

If there’s still no difference, then I’d recommend you go through the testing for conflicts guide to make sure we are not dealing with a theme or plugin conflict > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

Rob
    Participant

Hi Victor

Thanks for response. I think attendees list seems fine now but that actual issue – having name of attendee on hover still seems not done.

Can you please check for that.

Thanks
    Rob

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Rob!

Thanks for confirming that.

The attendee name on hover is a functionality of the browser for elements that have a title attribute. By default, Event Tickets Plus does not include the title attribute for the avatar.

I think you can create a snippet to customize the get_avatar() function from WordPress, which is used to render the avatars, and make it render the title attribute.

I hope that helps. Let me know if any follow up question.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Attendees list hover does not work.’ is closed to new replies.