Attendee Ticket Fieldset data will not export no matter what I do!

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Attendee Ticket Fieldset data will not export no matter what I do!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Shiloah Ohrvall
    Participant

Hi Modern Tribe,

I’m having a problem with exporting attendee information using the Ticket Fieldsets. I have created new events and new fieldsets for those new events, but it seems like no matter what I do, the attendee data will not export. The .csv file shows the fieldset title as a column header but there is no data in the column for the specific orders. See the attached screenshot. The column “Program and Grad Year”

Can you help? I’ve seen a few similar tickets but no clear solution.

Thank you!

Shiloah

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with the fieldset data saving. I will try to help you get this sorted.

I just tried this out in my test install, and for me the custom field data is showing in the export.

Can you provide a screenshot of the custom field that you have created? I only tested with a text field and am wondering if it could be specific to the type of field you are using.

Thanks,
    Sky

Shiloah Ohrvall
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Thank you for providing the screenshots.

When you visit the “Attendees” panel for this event, do you see the data collected from these custom fields in the “Details” column if you click the “view details” link?

Also, are you able to reproduce this behavior if you temporarily switch to the Twenty Seventeen theme and disable all other plugins? If you can test this out with the bare minimum of plugins enabled, it may help us to find a conflict. Do you have a staging site to be able to do testing like this?

You can read more about this troubleshooting process in our Testing for Conflicts Guide.

Thanks,
    Sky

Shiloah Ohrvall
    Participant

Hi Sky,

To answer your questions, response in CAPS:

1. When you visit the “Attendees” panel for this event, do you see the data collected from these custom fields in the “Details” column if you click the “view details” link?
    NO, THERE IS NO INFO IN THE DETAILS COLUMN.

2. Also, are you able to reproduce this behavior if you temporarily switch to the Twenty Seventeen theme and disable all other plugins?
    I SET UP A STAGING SITE AND SWITCHED THEME TO TWENTY SEVENTEEN. THEN I TRIED TO RUN A TEST PURCHASE, BUT I COULD NOT PROCESS A PURCHASE ON MY STAGING SITE. I SET UP THE TICKET AS AN RSVP INSTEAD, AN RAN THAT ON STAGING. IT DID RECORD THE FIELDSET IN THE “DETAILS” COLUMN AND IN THE EXPORT! YAY! THIS INDICATES TO ME THAT THERE IS A THEME CONFLICT, NOT A PLUGIN CONFLICT.

Our theme is Avada by ThemeFusion. Is there anything you can do to troubleshoot on further? Or suggestions for things I can check in the theme code? I really want to resolve this problem.

Thank you!

Shiloah

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Thanks so much for trying that out. Just to let you know, RSVPs and Tickets have a certain degree of separation behind the scenes, so I’m not sure if this test was conclusive.

Were you also seeing problems with the RSVP custom fields with Avada activated?

When I test ticket stuff locally, I usually just leave the price field blank. You can then go through the checkout, but not need to actually process a payment. Can you try this with Twenty Seventeen and other plugins disabled and see if you get the same results?

I would like to make sure before we assume that it’s your theme causing the issue.

Thanks,
    Sky

Shiloah Ohrvall
    Participant

Hi Sky,

I just tried a few more test transactions on twenty seventeen again and was able to successfully complete a ticket purchase. The fieldset DID pass through and is showing up in “Details” in the attendee list.

I did not disable any plug-ins for this test, as I was trying to isolate whether it’s a theme problem or a plug-in problem.

Let me know your thoughts on next steps I can take.

Thanks,

Shiloah

Shiloah Ohrvall
    Participant

Hi Sky,

I just tried a few more test transactions on twenty seventeen again and was able to successfully complete a ticket purchase. The fieldset DID pass through and is showing up in “Details” in the attendee list.

I did not disable any plug-ins for this test on the staging site, as I was trying to isolate whether it’s a theme problem or a plug-in problem.

Also, when I run an RSVP on my live site, it does not capture the fieldset. So both the ticketing and the rsvp transactions are not passing the fieldset along.

Let me know your thoughts on any next steps I can take.

Thanks,

Shiloah

Shiloah Ohrvall
    Participant

Hi Sky,

I have an additional question:

Would it be possible for me to retrieve the fieldset data from a database file somewhere? In other words, is it possible that the data is saved but just not passing through to the attendee report?

I need to push these event pages out to our client today, so if you could let me know as soon as possible, I would very much appreciate it.

Shiloah

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Shiloah,

Thank you for verifying that for me. It sounds like it is indeed a problem being caused by a conflict with your theme. If the field values had been saved in the database, they would be showing in the Details column when you switch to Twenty Seventeen. Unfortunately, it sounds like they were not saved.

I’m not sure there is anything further I can do to actually fix this problem from the Avada side of things. However, we can try to gather more details about what is actually going wrong. It may be something that can be addressed by the Avada developers.

If you would like to continue troubleshooting, the next step would be to enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG. Once enabled, try going through the ticket purchase process again. Afterwards, check your wp-content folder for a debug.log file.

If you provide me with the contents of the log file, I can take a look and see if there are any clues to the problem.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Attendee Ticket Fieldset data will not export no matter what I do!’ is closed to new replies.