Attendee List incorrect

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Attendee List incorrect

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    jeroenbackx
    Participant

Hello,

Yesterday, it a happened again; Somebody bought a ticket, paid for it, it adds to the ammount of tickets sold.
    But it does not add to the list of attendees. So right now there is still need for a double adminstration, because we can’t rely on the attendees list (yet).

Last time this happened, I think it was because a multisite doesn’t update automaticly .. and the versions weren’t lining up for over a month, and that’s when all the problems occurred.

As a reference, here (download) I compared all the tickets and orders in woocommerce; all the reds, are attendees that did not show up.

jeroenbackx
    Participant

It appears the problems started on the 25th of January. Only 3 from the 8 tickets sold ended up on the attendees list..

Barry

Hi Jeroen,

I’m sorry you’re hitting difficulties.

Can you confirm in the first instance that the orders in question were marked as complete?

jeroenbackx
    Participant

Hello Barry,

Yes they are all marked as complete, it also lowered the stock and everything.
    Also I just comfirmed with my client that those people don’t get their ticket in the email either.

Barry

That is odd.

Am I right in thinking you have not yet had an opportunity to run through our standard troubleshooting steps – and would it be possible to do so now?

It appears the problems started on the 25th of January.

Did that happen to coincide with any events such as an update to WordPress or one or more plugins/themes (or even the addition of new plugins/a new theme)?

jeroenbackx
    Participant

Hello Barry,

It’s true that we didn’t run the trouble shoot yet. The problem with that is, that I can’t recreate the error myself, so even if I reverted to the basics of the theme and plugin. I wouldn’t know where to look for the problem.

But could it be caused my how I changed the templates? Or because it’s a multisite?

What I did find out that, is when I run the ‘failed’ Woocommerce Order though the manuall proces. Just run the order again through the ‘waiting for money, being processed and completed’ (or something like that, my woocommerce is in Dutch) the ticket will be send correctly.

And the only update we had lately, during the time stuff ‘went wrong’, was from Omnicard, to be able to pay with iDeal.

Barry

Hmm, that is puzzling.

I wouldn’t think a template change would cause this – especially since you say that manually cycling through the order statuses triggers the correct behaviour.

What normally happens is as soon as the status is set to complete a piece of code in our plugin swings into action. The first thing it does is check if tickets have already been generated (because, of course, we only want the tickets to be created once for each order and in theory the status could be move to and from completed a number of times).

Assuming no tickets have been generated, it builds them in the database and sends out the ticket email.

And the only update we had lately, during the time stuff ‘went wrong’, was from Omnicard, to be able to pay with iDeal.

This is nothing but speculation, but I wonder if it is using a standard WordPress or WooCommerce API call to set the order status. If it did not and directly changed it with a database query then it would subvert the process I described above.

Again, that’s nothing but a possibility, but it could be worth exploring.

• Is the payment gateway something you purchased from WooThemes, or was it from an independent shop?
    • Do you use any other payment gateways simultaneously? If so, have any orders made through that been similarly impacted?
    jeroenbackx
    Participant

The payment gateway isn’t something we got from WooCommerce, but from AJdG Solutions. The use of iDeal is pretty common in the Netherlands, so no other payment method is provided.

Sadly enough, the programmer of my theme didn’t have a chance yet to look over your input. But I hope he can find something soon enough.

Since the 3.9.1 Tickets update we didn’t have any problems yet though. But only 5 tickets were sold, so it’s not enough to make the statement that the problem fixed itself.

Barry

OK – well let’s keep this topic open and if further issues arise we can think of other ideas/troubleshooting processes.

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Attendee List incorrect’ is closed to new replies.