Attendee Information Not Saving

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Attendee Information Not Saving

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ken
    Participant

Hi There,

Looks like we’re experiencing a similar bug to what others have experienced. In our case, the issue only arises when the user purchases more than one type of ticket. In this case, only the attendee information from the first type of ticket is saving. (If the user buys more than one of the same type of ticket, the attendee information is saving.)

Background:

• Version 4.4.2 of Events Calendar Etc.
    • Version 4.7.2 of WordPress
    • Hosted on our own servers

Need to launch this site asap for an upcoming conference, so you’re help would be appreciated!

Ken
    Participant

Now it seems that _no_ attendee info is being saved. (If a user goes back an updates the attendee information for tickets they have already purchased, this works.)

This is a show-stopping bug for a large conference.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hunter

Hey Ken!

Sorry to see you’re having issues with the attendee info not saving. I checked the logged bug report relative to this issue, but it seems only users on GoDaddy Managed Hosting and I see you’re using your own servers. Is there any possible way you could set up a fresh WP install with the default WP theme and only our plugins on your local machine to see if you’re able to reproduce the behavior?

Have you had WP_DEBUG set to true and checked your browser’s error console for any information which might help lead us in the right direction? If not, please make sure WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG are enabled on your site’s wp-config.php file. Any errors will display at the top of your page as you try to reproduce the conflict. I also recommend right-clicking your mouse and opening the ‘Inspect’ tool to see if any errors display in the console. Note what you find and please include it in your reply.

Thanks and I look forward to getting this conflict identified so we can act accordingly and hopefully get things squared away in time for the upcoming conference. Cheers 🙂

Ken
    Participant

Hi there,

After trying a number of things in an attempt to find the cause of the issue, I downgraded the Events Tickets Plus plugin from 4.4.2 to 4.4. After the downgrade it appears to be saving properly for all attendees, across multiple tickets, so the issue seems to be present in either: 4.4.1 or 4.4.2. I could not find any error messages in the console, PHP 7 error logs, or within wordpress with debugging turned on.

I am comfortable leaving it at 4.4 for now. We will have to test on our development server before applying future updates.

Thanks!

Janice
    Participant

I am having a similar issue with the attendee information not saving. I only recently purchased Events Ticket Plus this morning so only have access to version 4.4.2. Is it possible to get access to a download file for version 4.4 as a workaround until this bug is rectified?

Janice

Hunter

Hello to the both of you 🙂

@Ken, a bug report was recently filed by a fellow support team member which describes the issue you’re having of attendee information not saving when purchasing multiple tickets at once. I’ve added this forum thread to the ticket which helps expedite the process of getting a fix included in an upcoming release. It’s a Priority Level 2 which is an indication it’s being fast-tracked.

I don’t have a precise date when it will be available, but please stay tuned to our Release Notes and the plugin changelogs for more information. Thank you for letting us know reverting back to version 4.4 is a viable workaround.

@Janice, I’ve backdated your license for Event Tickets Plus, so please visit your Downloads page and download version 4.4 from the Event Tickets Plus dropdown. If you run into any issues, please create a separate thread and link back to this thread in your post.

Let me know if you’ve got any additional questions or comments. Cheers!

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to post a quick note here that we have published a new Maintenance Release today that should address some of the problems with the Attendee Information reported in this thread.

You can read about the details of this release here → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-4-4-event-tickets-4-4-4-premium-add-ons/

I hope this update helps!

If issues persist, open a new thread in the forums and be sure to include your site’s complete, un-edited “System Information” as per the instructions in this knowledgebase guide.

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Attendee Information Not Saving’ is closed to new replies.