Attendee information missing from ticket orders

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Attendee information missing from ticket orders

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Paula
    Participant

We have an event coming up with over 6000 entries. The first lot of testing for the event: https://harboursport.co.nz/calendar/shore-to-shore-long-bay-primary/ has not done too well as some of the ticket orders have the attendee information missing from one or more tickets within the same order. Of the 43 event details collected from various people, 5 lots came through blank. This is obviously no good when you are looking at a large event where this information is crucial.
    Please advise… btw all plugins and WP versions are up to date and there are no conflicts… this has all been tested previously

Paula
    Participant

so this would relate to a previous post of mine: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/add-missing-attendee-details-in-completed-purchase/
    The fix for this was to install a plugin where we could add the missing info… however, with a small event this was ok… unfortunately, this is not an option for a large event and really hoping that in the meantime there has been a solution for this đŸ™‚ Fingers crossed as have to have this nailed within the next 2 weeks ….Eeeeek!

Cliff

Hi, Paula. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

Are you saying that every ticket of 6,000+ asks for 43 Attendee Information fields–and that the same 5 of 43 came through blank for everyone?

Paula
    Participant

Hi Cliff, No… we have an upcoming event (~6000 entries) and I have tested the event registration with 45 entries. Of there 45 entries, 5 of the entries submitted had no attendee information. However, I have asked our hosting provider to up the memory and they have done so (to 1GB). We are testing tomorrow again and will see if this has made any difference as I suspect that the information is lost due to insufficient capacity to process it all.

I will touch base again after the test.

Thank you for your response anyway đŸ™‚

Cliff

Thanks for the clarification.

There are a couple of ways we’ve seen this happen in the past; please investigate each scenario on your site:

1. user does not have JavaScript enabled and therefore does not see the ticket’s attendee information fields but can still purchase (resolved months ago)
    2. user has JavaScript and adds quantity 1 to the cart but then, in the cart, changes the quantity to 3 — then 2 of the 3 will not have attendee information fields

If your issue is #1, please ensure you’re on the latest versions of Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus.

If your issue is #2, one of these snippets may come in handy for you (make sure to read their descriptions and code comments):

If your issue is something else, please provide as much information as possible to replicate on your site and we’ll try to replicate on our own testing site to see if there’s a legitimate bug.

Whenever troubleshooting, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Attendee information missing from ticket orders’ is closed to new replies.