attendee data editor v1.1

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus attendee data editor v1.1

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin Schreier
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for putting this extension out. It is helpful for editing attendee information or for attendees that have data lost during the checkout process when the quantity is changed.

I am experiencing an issue where I attempt to change the attendee data of a certain selection and I receive this error (attached).

Please advise on how I can resolve this. Thanks.

Benjamin Schreier
    Participant

Event Tickets Plus Support…Any Thoughts?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for reaching out! I’m sorry for the delayed response, but please note that we typically only have support available during the week. We are also limited in the amount of support that we can provide for extensions (they technically are not supported), but I’ll be happy to see what I can recommend here.

I have not seen any other users reporting this issue with this extension (and am not able to recreate it on my end), so I would first recommend testing for conflicts with your theme and other plugins. Could you also elaborate a little bit on what you mean by a “certain selection”? It sounds like this is only happening when trying to edit the information of certain tickets, is that correct? If so, is there anything that you can see that these tickets have in common?

Finally, just to make sure, can you please verify that you are using the most current version of that extension?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Benjamin Schreier
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

I am am using version 1.1.

The only time I experience an issue with changing the selections is when I choose “Chicken & Steak Duet” on my food selection menu. I tested it out on a few other tickets and it seems to be a problem that is occurring on all tickets.

Every other combination of selections for the tickets seems to go update properly, except when I choose the “Chicken & Steak Duet”.

Please help. Thanks.

Benjamin Schreier
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

Any Thoughts? I really need this issue to be resolve so I can edit the ticket / attendee data for my upcoming event. Thank you.

Benjamin Schreier
    Participant

Event Tickets Plus Support…Any Thoughts? Please help. Thanks.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Benjamin,

Sorry about the delay, your thread wasn’t showing up as waiting on a response – sorry about that! I just tested again using the & symbol in the option and got the same message, so I think that may be what’s causing the issue. Can you try changing the “&” to “and” and see if that works?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Benjamin Schreier
    Participant

Hi Jennifer, I did a test event with this and removed the & symbol and it seemed to work.

For the event that I have coming up in about 2 weeks with the & symbol in it, I would prefer not to change it as it may cause issues with some of the other tickets/tables.

Is there anyway to have you guys update the code and do a v1.2 release on it to address this bug?

Thanks.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for testing that out! I will log this as a bug for that extension, but unfortunately I cannot guarantee that it will be completed within two weeks. Our extensions are usually created when users request customizations that our developers see as being potentially beneficial for multiple users, and they are offered for free but do not fall under the same umbrella of support as our premium plugins.

If you need an immediate fix, I would recommend contacting one of our recommended developers. I linked this thread to our internal ticket, so as soon as we have an update, you’ll be notified here.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Benjamin Schreier
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

I need to have a resolution to this issue so I can edit some of these tickets before our event.

Is there anyway to do SQL commands to directly modify some of these tickets? or can you advise me on steps on how to modify it in phpmyadmin? Thank you.

Benjamin Schreier
    Participant

Any updates on this? Thank you.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Benjamin,

I don’t have an update for you yet, but as soon as I do, I will let you know here. I will check with one of our developers on recommendations for updating your existing tickets.

However, please note that support in our forums is typically limited to bug reports for our premium plugins, help with using plugin features, installation issues, etc. (you can read more about that here). We try to offer extensions and code snippets to help users out with additional functionality when we can, but they do fall outside the scope of the support that we typically offer in the forums. With that being said, we definitely want to keep our extensions up to date and fix any bugs so that they continue to be useful to our users! Thanks for your patience as we work on getting this extension updated!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Benjamin,

One of our developers actually just updated the extension – you can download the new version here. Can you try this out and see if it’s working now? I tested it on my end and was able to change to a value with special characters, but please let me know if you run into any issues.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘attendee data editor v1.1’ is closed to new replies.